The Cavaliers 2016

Yesterday I saw the multi cam video of Immortal (2014) for the first time. Our satellite feed at the theater crashed and we missed them, and I'd only heard the CD's to now. Holy cow is that show amazingly better with the visual - it checks all the boxes of "classic" Cavaliers shows. I was highly impressed - probably have it right up there with Samurai in my personal Cavaliers pantheon.

Mike

The only thing Immortal was missing visually was an ending. Here's how they could have fixed it. Instead of the last vampire retreating lazily back into his coffin (completely undramatic), he should have been pushed back in by the horn player whose soul they tried to take. In fact the entire hornline should have been in a wedge, with the horn player at the tip, battling the last vampire and shoving the vampire back in. A battle with a victory. Instead they settled for the vampires retreating simply because they had nothing better to do. Yawn. Wither. Shrug. No finality. No story completion. No conclusion. No meaning.

Edited by Channel3

The only thing Immortal was missing visually was an ending. Here's how they could have fixed it. Instead of the last vampire retreating lazily back into his coffin (completely undramatic), he should have been pushed back in by the horn player whose soul they tried to take. In fact the entire hornline should have been in a wedge, with the horn player at the tip, battling the last vampire and shoving the vampire back in. A battle with a victory. Instead they settled for the vampires retreating simply because they had nothing better to do. Yawn. Wither. Shrug. No finality. No conclusion. No meaning.

You realize that would be impossible for the hornline's souls were all stolen. That's all of the fabric being taken out of the chests of the members in the ballad and right at the ending of the show.

You realize that would be impossible for the hornline's souls were all stolen. That's all of the fabric being taken out of the chests of the members in the ballad and right at the ending of the show.

Then the souls are taken back by having the hornline draw out white fabric from the vampires as they retreat back into their coffins in a final push. Easy.

Without this final action of taking back the souls and forcing the vampires back in, it's an unanswered story point that leaves the audience with a question mark. It's one big twelve minute loose end without finality or resolution. Twelve minutes is long enough to complete the full cycle of a dramatic action. But the way the Cavies' show ended was like Rocky getting knocked out in round 12... the end. No, of course we have to see the hornline win in the final round. They're the protagonist.

Edited by Channel3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CAVALIERS. IF THIS IS WHAT I THINK IT IS I CANNOT FREAKIN WAIT!

That screen is going to make a lot of video game/drum corps fans flip the freak out.

Nope, but I can see how the video is connected to their show (theme) this year. Can't wait until they announce to the public!

My guess is after this weekend when they show off the pieces to people heading to their weekend events.

I have to give them great props for the show music this year....

Edited by jjeffeory

First person to also know what that "loading screen" is gets a cookie. That's also a hint.

If they're using what I think they're using in any way as thematic inspiration/type of music they could use, it could provide some VERY cool back drop, visual aesthetic, and musical genre that makes me think of nothing else but 2010s "Mad World".

They have my interest HIGHLY piqued.

Edited by DrumManTx