Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

2015 Crown: Dante endured the seven circles of hell to free the soul of Beatrice.

So... Nobody is gonna comment on the fact that Channel3 apparently got his knowledge of the plot of Dante's Inferno from the video game adaption (or the anime movie that was based on the video game adaption)? Cause last time I checked, Beatrice doesn't appear in the Inferno, only Paradiso. Also, Crown's show didn't have a Beatrice character I'm pretty sure... But hey, who am I to question Channel3's literary prowess?

Oh my. Had I looked at this thread earlier, I would have complimented you sooner. Good catch!

And he repeatedly sneered at people last year for not knowing Dante's Commedia. So I'll pile on: there are nine circles, not seven, in Dante's Hell. And Dante isn't in Hell to save Beatrice. She died years earlier and is in Heaven. It's she who is saving him, by revealing to him (with Virgil's assistance) the nature of sin and redemption.

(Although I'll quibble slightly: while Beatrice is present throughout Paradiso, she actually first turns up in the Earthly Paradise, which is actually at the top of the mountain of Purgatory, i.e., at the very end of Purgatorio.)

• Like 1

That's what I said when I saw Kinetic Noise. Tell us what you thought the meaning was. Go ahead. We're dying to hear what you thought it was about.

Sorry, I didn't realize I left these two posts hanging without replying. Who cares what I thought it was about? I'm not even sure very many people have been arguing in favor of the narrative depth of Bluecoats 2014, 2015. They are just saying they really liked it. And somehow, they are wrong. If your definition of failing is not winning the championship, then certainly my opinion is irrelevant because we operate from a different place. You could take "BLUECOATS" out of the meme and replace it with any corps and I would still be OK with it. but I wouldn't wear that shirt. Gross.

• Like 2

"Sneaky Quiet" may be the name of their show: The first drum and bugle corps to explore 11 minutes of sIlene, in all its nuances.

"Sneaky Quiet" may be the name of their show: The first drum and bugle corps to explore 11 minutes of sIlene, in all its nuances.

That actually reminds me of something................

I love love love love love completely silent drill, I think it's really cool.

Edited by DrumManTx

From Bluecoats Twitter: "Another day filled with non-stop drum corps! #Bloo16 #DCI"

Hinting at a Hamilton-themed show????? :tounge2: