Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Their California auditions are huge. They need to poach off potential BD members. You could say the same about their Georgia as well as Texas auditions.

California auditions? I hadn't heard about that, and that is huge! I really want to see a Bloo victory next season. They just need to stay on the course. I really don't even know what specifically they should do. They have the special sauce figured out, it's just a matter of the stars aligning.

California auditions? I hadn't heard about that, and that is huge! I really want to see a Bloo victory next season. They just need to stay on the course. I really don't even know what specifically they should do. They have the special sauce figured out, it's just a matter of the stars aligning.

It's almost to the the point of marketing campaigns/recruiting for corps to snag the best talent from across the country. It's not as regional as it once was, and that's great for the activity.

Rough for SCV though that used to mainly compete with BD, but now the bigger corps are going out to California as well as Texas.

And I agree they should stay the course. They are super innovative and exciting. It seems their fan base is growing fast, I've become a huge fan these past few years.

It's almost to the the point of marketing campaigns/recruiting for corps to snag the best talent from across the country. It's not as regional as it once was, and that's great for the activity.

Rough for SCV though that used to mainly compete with BD, but now the bigger corps are going out to California as well as Texas.

And I agree they should stay the course. They are super innovative and exciting. It seems their fan base is growing fast, I've become a huge fan these past few years.

Marketer here. My opinion, that's just the free market. If SCV wants the talent, it's up to them to get it. And if they want help, well, I freelance.

That said, I believe for the most part that staffs push corps into the gold slightly more so than members. Which, arguably, is part of marketing, so it's a loop.

• Like 1

This is not Bloo's first time in Cali for auditions.

Allow?

Show me another corps that besides Madison or Cavies that hasn't had a lady in the pit for two straight years. Girls aren't going to waste their time auditioning if the section folks prefer men. Audition weekends are limited, so you have to go where you actually have a chance for a spot.

Show me another corps that besides Madison or Cavies that hasn't had a lady in the pit for two straight years. Girls aren't going to waste their time auditioning if the section folks prefer men. Audition weekends are limited, so you have to go where you actually have a chance for a spot.

To be clear, you are accusing Bluecoats of sexism in percussion auditions? Denying females for simply being female.

And you only seem concerned about pit. Why not battery?

Now that 2015 is in the books with another extremely successful season by the Blooooooooooo, ahem, Bluecoats, I thought I would start the 2016 thread for all things Bluecoats related.

What show should they present this year? Music? Rumors?

I believe the Bluecoats have a great opportunity to continue building a championship contender. Its going to be very tough, but they have showed us over the last few years that they have the chops to do it. Is this their year?

2010 = 3rd

2011 = 7th

2012 = 6th

2013 = 5th

2014 = 2nd

2015 = 3rd

2016 = ???

Bloo always are fairly strong in captions (brass and percussion). Guard has been better but the biggest two positive factors is more talent will go to Canton because of not only two successful competitive seasons 2014-15, but because they were popular shows. Kids gravitate to corps that put out cool shows AND a consistent solid design team in place. The challenge is to design something great but isn't the same as Tilt/Kenetic noise. They're building something great in Canton,
  • Like 1