Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

You're that excited about that video? Just curious why? Not being a jerk, just seemed blah.

Honestly not that excited haha just didn't want to introduce it as "Bland New Video released" :tongue:

Bluecoats website says 2016 program is coming soon!

The themes of most Corps in the offseason can be summed up in one word, imo :

Narration.

Lots of it.

Lots of talking, then.....

more talking about how excited everybody is about being excited.

As such, based on this video, the Narration here with the Bluecoats seems a bit ahead of last season at this time. They seem as excited, or even perhaps more excited, than last year at this time in my assessment of their Narration video. What are others assessments of the quality of their talking at this particular point in the offseason ? Compared to previous recent years versions. Talk to us.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

The themes of most Corps in the offseason can be summed up in one word, imo :

Narration.

Lots of it.

Lots of talking, then.....

more talking about how excited everybody is about being excited.

As such, based on this video, the Narration here with the Bluecoats seems a bit ahead of last season at this time. They seem as excited, or even perhaps more excited, than last year at this time in my assessment of their Narration video. What are others assessments of the quality of their talking at this particular point in the offseason ? Compared to previous recent years versions. Talk to us.

Hard to tell. Members and DM of course are excited. I've yet to see a MM in the off season say "I think we'll have lots of problems this year" in an interview. They've always attracted pretty great talent. Brass and percussion have been top notch for years. They've certainly got the design team and momentum on their side but ultimately no one really know until June. I'm sure Crown 2014 coming off a win the previous season was very excited too in the preseason only to get ripped apart by the judges that season. Cadets 2015 another great example. Time will tell..

I would imagine that Corps do not allow its small, niche fanbase to hear Brass lines play practice chords for 5 minutes in offseason videos, as such dissemination of practice chord playing from Jan, Feb camps, might hurt them come August Finals.

Thats probably the reason. ( or perhaps the practice chords need copywright clearance hurdles that make the offseason airing of these impermissable to the public )

Otherwise,,,, I 'm all out of a possible reason(s) why the brass line heard playing practice chords for a few minutes at these camps are apparently frowned upon, if not fully verboten.

But..... at least we have the Camp Talking Points. So at least we got THAT going for us.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1