Why are there so many less DCP DCA fans posting since 2012"ish&#34

Just throwing it out there plus another question later on this evening - based on this response

Hmm. I started following DCA and posting to DCP's DCA forums in 2012 . . . what have I done?!

When did amps become legal again???

Last year.

Ironically, there has been little to no complaints about electronics and amplification in DCA. Heck, it's been quit the opposite. if you'd have asked me six months ago what would be the controversial topic for 2015, I would have said "Hawthorne and (likely) Reading's integration of sound effects and synth). I would never have bet on near silence regarding electronics, while people lost their #### fool minds about Cabs' uniform change.

Edited by Kamarag

I always believed Drum Corps Planet had the greatest potential to become DCA's most effective way to communicate with the general public. I still do. Unfortunately, not enough of DCA, as a collective, has taken full advantage. This is a wonderful place of opportunity, but it requires participants. Some who give, and some who receive.

One other problem damages this message board and many others. That is, an abundance of posters who use the space for combat. Snarky people grow tiresome. After a time, other participants tend to walk away.

• Like 4

Thanks Kamarag - I looked it up because I knew there was a connection to 2012. Amps were passed in 2012 but were not legal for use until 2014.

And synths came online this year? Moved pretty fast, didn't they...

I think there may be a connection to the OP's question. Given the fanbase DCA was even more vulnerable to fan discontent over this than DCI was.

Edited by Grandpa

honestly....is the DCA fanbase growing?

if a corps knew how to use DCP to boost interest and appeal, it was the Renegades...gone. Empire...gone. Plus if you spoke your mind, regardless of right or wrong, people got jumped. I also don't feel DCA's PR works as hand in hand with DCP as it used. and social media...you can go to DCA's facebook page, DCp's facebook page etc....lots of action there

honestly....is the DCA fanbase growing?

if a corps knew how to use DCP to boost interest and appeal, it was the Renegades...gone. Empire...gone. Plus if you spoke your mind, regardless of right or wrong, people got jumped. I also don't feel DCA's PR works as hand in hand with DCP as it used. and social media...you can go to DCA's facebook page, DCp's facebook page etc....lots of action there

I have to agree. DCP even with it's moderators, You get trash talked, abused, and lets not even talk about how you bash one corps or another on here. But usually its really only one corps that most people ON HERE tend to trash talk. I need to find these Facebook groups. I can only imagine the commentary being much lighter and promotes the activity positively. It's funny that the topic comes up ON DCP of all places since, its DCP that frightened everyone away. Sorry to say.

The ease of using FB over DCP is a very simple answer. Posting pictures - easier. Always logged in on phone - easier. I don't know if DCP has an app for smartphones phone yet, but FB has had one for how long?

Add to it the ability to choose what you want to see without having to weed through what you don't.

It has 0 to do with amps or synths or uniforms.