Why are there so many less DCP DCA fans posting since 2012"ish&#34

Here is a perfect example of someone posting an opinion disguised as a statement or fact over in the review forum.

"To be honest, other than the Bucs, most Seniors aren't even in the same zip code as the Juniors in terms of content". But it is this effect generating content that seems to rule the day in the modern drum corps activity, and it is the corps whose program most closely approaches the modern paradigm of the activity, as defined by World Class DCI, that will stand the best chances of competing. As I mentioned in another thread, it is the show that is written last November that ultimately determines the DCA Champion on Labor Day weekend.

Though I can say the rest of his comment has credence.

All depends on how you define "content."

Some folks, in DCI and DCA, feel that the corps playing the most notes and doing the most pages of drill has the most content. That argument has been made since time began, seemingly. LOL.

I'm not sure that's always the case. But then again, I thought Fidel Castro might be dead by now. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

The fact is, Drum and Bugle Corps is dead. Enjoy the crappy video's on You-Tube from back in the day!

Drum corps is gone, It's now Marching Band.

Done.

You all want to keep polishing the memory of what is now a turd. No matter how much you try to polish it,,, it's just a turd no matter how much you want to polish it to see it shine again.

Deal with it, you all stood by and watched it happen and did nothing.

Enjoy!

The fact is, Drum and Bugle Corps is dead. Enjoy the crappy video's on You-Tube from back in the day!

Done.

You all want to keep polishing the memory of what is now a turd. No matter how much you try to polish it,,, it's just a turd no matter how much you want to polish it to see it shine again.

Enjoy!

It's circular firing squad time, folks!!! :tongue:

• Like 2

Done.

Enjoy!

I'm sorry. I'm confused. Is that your opinion or fac?

Yeah W when I read WBBs post I thought I got on that FB thread by accident..... Nice line up of corps in the sig that I competed against in the 70s thou....

First time I heard "that ain't DC" was 1975 (my second year) and it was the marching bells coming back and Color Pre was going to go away soon. Didn't realize then that the Off The Line/Finish Line had been used just a few years before. On the FB thread some want a return to military roots including inspection. Think Andy L is still shaking his head that someone misses inspection. It's all Cavaies and Madisons fault in 1971 for the Circus and Alice in Wonderland "shows".....

Personally DCI shows leave me cold because of the items other than horns and perc making noise. Still follow those corps but don't watch the shows. No complains or insults just don't watch *shrug*. DCA still have a personal interest so will be on FN next weekend.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

As a bit of a 'Way Back Buc' myself, I recognize what happens on the field these days is MUCH different that what my own body did years ago. That was the drum and bugle corps activity I was introduced to. This drum and bugle corps activity has experienced many changes, yes. Like me formerly watching a 20 inch, B/W television, but now watching a thinner, lighter, 65 inch life-like screen with amazing sound attached. Still TV, I guess . . . but geez !.

I'm just not going back.

Give this a better chance, comrade. It's still similar, but far better!

Edited by Fred Windish

Hey WayBack.......Great words of wisdom for all the men and women who are busting their butts in DCA and DCI to entertain you! Yeh they don't play all the old tunes like back in the day, but when you entered corps the change was already happening. Maybe the news didn't get to Dunkirk but it got to North Tonawanda and we received it with no problem. I actually (like most) went through the valve/rotor period to a two to a three valve horn AND from G to Bb/F. I had no problems with that. I find what is happening today and yesterday exciting and creative. Look FORWARD not back!

Pretty much with you Fred, it's changed as the world as changed. Amazing on that FB page that some posters don't realize that the ability of AL/VFW Posts and churches to sponsor corps has gone away as costs went up and those old sponsors declined. Since almost al of the gripers are JR corps based it's because DCI drove them away. :doh: And clueless to the fact that the Sr world declined about as much as the Jr world from BITD.

No problem if you say it, but I don't get into the which era was better debate. Then again one of my favorite shows was by a corps that only beat one other corps all season. They were dirty as Hades (DM admitted it) but had music that for some reason I really liked at the time.

IOW I don't worry if better or if it is/isn't DC or even a top corps, I just want to be entertained...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Had it stayed the same presentation style as 1982. It would have been dead long ago. Back to your cave dinosaur. Either find a way to help (start a corps, start a show, get on a board, raise some funds for somebody...etc etc etc), or go find something else to do in your retirement and stop scaring off business.

Done.

Enjoy!

• Like 3