8.22.15 ACTUAL Clifton unBiased review.

I appreciate your thoughts. I think their history helps them honestly. Right not it looks like a race to clean two dirty shows at the top. But man. if MBi can show up or C2 does some crazy changes...

"you're going to see some serious ****."

So Clifton Band Director was just let go Monday night. I hope it had nothing to with all of the empty beverages all over the place

I appreciate your thoughts. I think their history helps them honestly. Right not it looks like a race to clean two dirty shows at the top. But man. if MBi can show up or C2 does some crazy changes...

"you're going to see some serious ****."

I'll trust MBI's number. you had faces on that panel that had seen the other horses in the race

• Like 3

So Clifton Band Director was just let go Monday night. I hope it had nothing to with all of the empty beverages all over the place

As a retired Pennsylvania public school teacher, I can tell you it doesn't happen that quickly!

Thanks bud. We're all going to see different things. Heck, the 7 people with voice recorders see different things from each other.

I like DCA, but I think it feels like this year is a "panic mode" year for the corps and organizations. (just from what i've seen online and reviews I've read, added onto what I saw last night) Like they saw the amount of kids heading to DCI and are attempting to lure them to DCA in any way possible. Shows that aren't feasible (cleanable) for the timelines, content that is crammed in until the fields burst and the normal homers are confused to the point of exile... etc etc etc.

What is this "panic mode" that you are saying? How do any of these corps appear to be in panic mode. Many of them are as large as they have been and are doing what they always do. How is that panic?

Well, and again, this is my opinion, that these shows feel like DCI shows. They identity of DCA feels like its going away and corps are adopting performance and design aspects that are more centered around an Idea or metaphor first, and music second. Which is a very DCI trait, not one that I could see in DCA shows as I go back through videos online.

another no holds barred review!

yknow, i just don't understand reading a review that's cuddly & stating that the performance was fantastic, when notes are shanked, intonation is off, and feet are out of time. why lower the standards of quality? this is an activity about precision. Or a review that only says, they performed well. Can we get any elaboration on that?

Considering that the show field is at the location of Middle School, not the High School and is essentially like Kennedy Stadium, a distinct and different location than just a school facility, I don't see how one could connect the show to the firing of the band director in any way, other than to try and create drama.

• Like 2

I'm sure there are more concerns than this.

• Like 1

I'm sure there are more concerns than this.

As a Clifton resident, the leftovers from the locals who attended the 4th of July fireworks, followed by the official City Picnic in the park next to the stadium, created more of a mess and no one saw that someone attempted to lay the blame on the Cadets hosting their show the same time either. That said, I have never understood why we do not police ourselves better at shows. Why people find tossing a garbage bag into the car along with the cooler, chairs and whatever else isn't difficult. It takes up the least amount of space compared to the rest. It is the type of thing that will come back to haunt a host if it hasn't already.