Lack of diversity of musical tempos?

So funny..all the rules.lol

I remember well. Great Video , and the ever so controversial peace sign :thumbup: that was some statement for those times.

We did it first the year before in Miami to "White Rabbit", and Tony "hic" Schlecta was on record stating that we did not deserve to be competing at the show. He wouldn't even say our name when we were on the line. :tounge2:

Happy to say, the crowd loved it. I never saw so many flashes go off as when we turned and pushed to the stands in the Peace sign form.

• Like 1

When I was teaching a GSC corps in 76/77, we did a show on a pier in Havre de Grace MD. The 'field' was way to narrow, and as our bass drummers crabbed backwards up with their eyes to the DM, one of them took too large a step and ...whoops...right into the water!

At the same show, some guy was parasailing...and as the tow boat go up speed to lift him out of the water, it beame clear to everyone watching that the guy had not tied his suit tight enough...he lifted out of the water, but his bathing suit decided not to. :augen51:

Thats great.lol

Do you remember the state fair grounds. I think maybe wisconsin? MAybe ILL. cant remember

Anyway ,there is plenty of diversity today. IMO...lol

Thats great.lol

Do you remember the state fair grounds. I think maybe wisconsin? MAybe ILL. cant remember

Anyway ,there is plenty of diversity today. IMO...lol

Yeah...we've gone off on qute a tangent! :tounge2:

Fair ground shows were fun, but the venues were pretty sketchy, to be sure.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Here's a perfect example of what I mean: great, catchy piece of music, perfect for drum corps, would *never* be attempted on today's field because it's at 128 beats per minute.

https://twitter.com/DrumCorpsClips/status/706559975632408576

http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

This fits perfectly in that tempo range.

Here's a perfect example of what I mean: great, catchy piece of music, perfect for drum corps, would *never* be attempted on today's field because it's at 128 beats per minute.

https://twitter.com/DrumCorpsClips/status/706559975632408576

Would have fit into my era, where everything HAD to be between something like 126 and 132, due to the Cadence caption.