Announcements of next seasons' shows

So I'm sure that a lot of dc fans are thinking about what kind of shows we'll see next season.

Why do some corps announce early and some later? Last year, a couple of WC corps didn't until 2 weeks before the start of the season, and a couple of them did very early.

What kinds of things are going on with corps staff right about this time? Are they discussing options, working out details, brainstorming to get musical and visual ideas, and start writing notes and blueprints?

Really curious about the process of creating "next years'" program.

INT is rumored this offseason be considering doing a show revolving around the theme of " Total Confusion ".

And are looking to have a very quiet closer... with some sort of vanishing visual creations created out on the field. But the 15 minute show still must get people up and out of their seats they believe. Above all else, INT intends in 2016 to remain Drum Corps fans favorite hot dog Corps. ( and get their spacing, lines, etc better at INT over recent editions. )

Edited by BRASSO

So I'm sure that a lot of dc fans are thinking about what kind of shows we'll see next season.

Why do some corps announce early and some later? Last year, a couple of WC corps didn't until 2 weeks before the start of the season, and a couple of them did very early.

What kinds of things are going on with corps staff right about this time? Are they discussing options, working out details, brainstorming to get musical and visual ideas, and start writing notes and blueprints?

I think a lot of the time it's rights issues.

• Like 1

It's all about philosophy. The Cadets and Bluecoats always are among the first to announce, and they do so because they want to promote the season with fans as early as possible. Others take the opposite approach, wanting the element of surprise to carry momentum into the season.

I am sure some corps leaders do not want to show their hand until the last possible moment for competitive reasons. Blue devils are often among the last to announce their show concept and music, no doubt because they want to keep it as quiet as possible. I guess they don't feel they need fan support, and it seems to reflect in the relatively little amount of chatter here about their shows as compared to their stature. Compare that to the incredible amount of talk about Cadets and Bluecoats here.

Pearl harbor

I think Cadets were actually going to do a show a year or two ago with this as their theme, but then decided against it.