A Thought For NYer's and other states and Provinces.

Since the original "Ghost" who came to the Crusaders from the Cambridge Caballero's (I believe), played tenor drum (I believe) before teaching and moving to the NW is dead (I believe), I'm thinking ironlips is sincere in his post, so I am able to only add one memory of this fellow Crusader. He just seemed to be surviving from day to day.

Anne AAG 1972-1976 brass wrote in our archives 'I was feeling nauseous during practice...Ghost ... who spoke so gently to me that I endeavored to soldier on...'

Ghost (Bill Linen) was a great man, reclusive, creative, kind... There's photos of him on DCP as instructor of the Argonauts... Here's a 2003 DCP thread

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/20447-the-legend-of-white-stallion/

Ghost (Bill Linen) was a great man, reclusive, creative, kind... There's photos of him on DCP as instructor of the Argonauts... Here's a 2003 DCP thread

I just realized that I once mentioned "Ghost" Linen in one of my "Amazing World of Drum Corps" columns for Drum Corps World.

I just thought his name was unique.

He must have marched in the same line with Charley Poole if he was with Boston in the late 60's ...

I just realized that I once mentioned "Ghost" Linen in one of my "Amazing World of Drum Corps" columns for Drum Corps World.

I just thought his name was unique.

454810865_eab4abb370_o.jpg

1552049124_4c0cfb2c45_o.jpg

Then he must have played when Tony Smith was in the line and I was with Bpt PAL ... is Ghost in these pics from 64 and 65? ... I didn't realize that Boston only had three snares in 64 ... thought it was a 4&4 line ...

:-)

No. 64 may have been his first of possibly two years with Boston.

Edited by ajlisko