Stirring the pot !

Cadets2 Wins 2015 DCA Championship. :wow:

. . . . and, why not?

I see Cadets2 having a 70% chance of taking First or Second in Rochester. No doubt, this is their best-ever corps. They are pretty darn good in EVERY caption, and coming on strong. At Scranton, I thought their visual execution was a little sloppy, but that is fixable over the final couple weeks. The rest of their program is right there, I think. I see no caption that will definitely hold them back. Do you?

Should Cadets2 really 'nail it' this weekend, I won't be at all surprised to see them grab Second. Really, with scores this close at the top, maybe even win it all !

Shocking?

Cadets2 Wins 2015 DCA Championship. :wow:

. . . . and, why not?

I see Cadets2 having a 70% chance of taking First or Second in Rochester. No doubt, this is their best-ever corps. They are pretty darn good in EVERY caption, and coming on strong. At Scranton, I thought their visual execution was a little sloppy, but that is fixable over the final couple weeks. The rest of their program is right there, I think. I see no caption that will definitely hold them back. Do you?

Should Cadets2 really 'nail it' this weekend, I won't be at all surprised to see them grab Second. Really, with scores this close at the top, maybe even win it all !

Shocking?

Shocking ? NOPE !

I agree with your argument totally...... Cabs/Bucs/Minn Brass 1-2-3 no longer automatic....... maybe we're moving into the next cycle (one that will still include the big 3 but maybe 2 or 3 more !)

Not stirring the pot, Fred....stirring the MIND !

Joe

• Like 1

I'd be curious to know whether Bruckner8's theory of "competitive inertia" (which holds that when DCI competition is very close, the judges will favor the proven winner), one of whose predictions is that no corps can win it all in DCI without first medaling (which is true in every year except 1972, the first year), also applies to DCA. Has a DCA corps ever won the championship (after 1965) without first placing third or better?

Their show was very strong in Reading, and I kinda agree that they could get a win,................IMO if guard/visual gets tightened down, that could do it...........they have all the GE needed with the recognizable material,............just gotta put the bow on the package!

they won ensemble visual at Reading, and have beaten everyone in guard.

IMO the key is the brass line.

Not sure about 1st, but I can definitely see a move into 2nd for Cadets2...

I can see people frothing at the mouth at the very idea of it happening. And while i don't know if it could happen this year, as in they take it all, I do see their show having the potential to take out some veteran competitors .

And kudos for having revamped your guard program into something spectacular this season.

• Like 1

my quote feature does not seem to work from my tablet,...........but replying to Jeff's post:

I saw their show from the back, up on the hill, seemed to me that feet is what is keeping brass from tightening down musically,............a ton of demand there that if achieved would really help brass overall,....................so in that sense, we tend to agree,.........

Satire Alert Satire Alert. Put on your big girl panties before reading.

Dues Check + Hotelgate = You have a very nice corps Goerge Hopkins. :silly:

• Like 1

my quote feature does not seem to work from my tablet,...........but replying to Jeff's post:

I saw their show from the back, up on the hill, seemed to me that feet is what is keeping brass from tightening down musically,............a ton of demand there that if achieved would really help brass overall,....................so in that sense, we tend to agree,.........

look i'm not saying they will or won't.....there's 3 other great corps there in the way.

the drums have been strong since day 1. The brass has a tendency to hang out til finals weekend, and now the guard went from bad to good to holy ####!

so the key is the brass....and the staff. in 2013, the les Miz show...at Reading they wowed me and many others. then they had the crap kicked out of them at prelims and laid an egg. Finals was a better run, but too little too late.

the brass set themselves up Saturday for great progress, especially with I'm sure some good rehearsal time down here until they leave. the key is not to kick the crap out of them Saturday.

I rule nothing out after last years craziness. they're young kids. IMO the key is the kids...and the staff.

• Like 1