What's up?

Where are we at with 2015 dvd's and audio downloads?

As far as we know, nowhere.

People have anecdotal stories of talking to DCI where DCI folks have told them "by Christmas" but there has been zero indication from DCI publicly (that I'm aware) about any future 2015 audio or video products for sale.

People have anecdotal stories of talking to DCI where DCI folks have told them "by Christmas" but there has been zero indication from DCI publicly (that I'm aware) about any future 2015 audio or video products for sale.

Just as well too. It's better not to say much at this point until everything's a done deal.

• Like 1

I'm one of those who heard from DCI "by Christmas" but "hopefully" was also part of the statement. However at the cinema broadcast of prelims, Essentials Volume 3 was not quite advertised but featured, and a few weeks later things were on sale again, so we'll probably see hints when it happens. Audio may be available first and for video, I'm thinking Spring and I'm expecting a hefty price, perhaps $200 range.

I'm much more concerned about when archives will be back up. They tentatively did say September

I'm guessing DCI will have to pay sync rights explicitly for internet streaming for any content they do put up. Further, they may have to pay a settlement for old 'stolen' streaming sync rights for everything streamed before 2015, before the copyright holders will consider allowing anything new. With full accounting for how many times each archived show was streamed, perhaps. Pretty brutal.

Still, any shows or parts of shows that use only public domain sources or "friend-of-the-activity" sources (i.e.inexpensive or lenient) could be put up.

• Like 1

Off topic, but I find your username interesting... :D