2015 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals

I had to chuckle last night at some of the comments from DCP Forum members and the moderator. The tenth through second place corps received nothing but praise and positive comments. Reading however had dirt in the percussion, guard issues and some phasing and alignment problems, while everyone is watching them live and at home simply decimating the field within the first 2 minutes of their program!

watching online is never 100% a true representation of what the sound is like live. if that was the case, based on what I heard watching DCI live, no way Crown should have lost brass. that's why I won't review an online feed, because it's never going to sound like it does live, and because you're limited to the camera shot they give you, you can never truly tell what is happening in person.

trying to judge a show from an online feed is basically being told "ok judge, but with one eye and one ear".

• Like 1

I will say this:

reactions on DCp have been pretty tame this year. even on social media (not counting one idiot some of us on here know)

• Like 1

I'm not on the right SM then :tounge2:

Thanks to Kevin Gamin and associates for some VERY fine reporting on the prelims and the finals. I wish I could have afforded the live feed, but in lieu of that, at least I got to "kinda" feel like I was there through all your efforts. I hope you never quit doing your reporting. It "is" truly appreciated :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

In the words of Pepe Notaro, I'll quit "when the first shovel of dirt hits my face."
  • Like 1

It's also completely worthless for 99% of the population.

Would you believe one of my coworkers was running Linux Mint on an Asus eeePC 9" netbook, just so he could run this old Canon LiDE scanner he found at a garage sale for $^?

Cadets2 had a pretty significant vertical battery-to-pit tear right where Kevin said it was, but (luckily) it was pretty much confined to percussion only. It lasted the duration of the big percussion break, but recovered just before the brass entrance. As bad as the tear was, the recovery was very impressive, and since recovery is a major criteria on the ensemble sheet, it probably didn't affect them too much.

And it's moments like those which are great training for the Cadets2 members, which is one of the reasons that corps exists.

watching online is never 100% a true representation of what the sound is like live.

Heck, watching live from the 30 in an air conditioned press box wasn't a true representation, something I have to remember each year.

It was pretty comfortable, though. :D

Yikes! That sounded like a major tear between the drum line and the pit to start "Dance of the Tumblers".

I didn't hear that; did the judges? I did notice some people slightly out of alignment in their opener (but generally wasn't in a good spot to judge drill).

Having had a chance to listen to C2's Finals performance again, now I can't understand why I didn't notice this at the time! That's a very alarming 20 seconds.

It was truly an honor to perform underneath those lights on Sunday, being the last Drum Corps to perform in the 2015 season. No words could ever describe the feeling that I got after pouring my heart out on that field with my corpsmates.. I guess you could say I felt the ''Rush'' :tounge2: