2016 Programs and Playlist:

Like the list of composers for the Cascades as well, a simple theme again that should provide lots to do with. I really hope they keep improving, last year was a lot of fun and a breath of fresh air for them after a continual slide down from 2008 - 2014.

I think they "Turn"ed the corner with their 2014 show, and that seemed to be the general sentiment on these boards at the time: they showed clear if modest improvement over the "Shinto" show in 2012, which as I recall had been roundly derided, and 2013's "Inescapable", about which I honestly can remember nothing at all. And then 2015 was a much clearer step up (even though the score, like almost all scores last year, was depressed from 2014). Looking forward to further improvements!

Hop sent an email this morning indicating that "Wine--Dark Sea" by John Mackey is being added to the Cadets show.

• Like 1

Hop sent an email this morning indicating that "Wine--Dark Sea" by John Mackey is being added to the Cadets show.

It's official: http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1169-new-music-by-mackey-for-the-cadets

• Like 1

Official

Mvt 1 of Pines of Rome

Mvt 4 of Pines of Rome

Wine-Dark Sea

• Like 3

Cadets updated in OP. Wine-Dark Sea not available on Spotify. There are other recordings from 2014 TMEA but not that one.

• Like 1

The world premiere recording (by the U. Texas Wind ensemble) is due out March 11. You can pre-order now on amazon.

I'll keep an eye on Spotify around that time. Thanks!

That is most likely it. They had all the mics set up at the recording. Such a wonderful piece to hear live, mostly derivative of the raw power the song can utilize in the ending.

• Like 1

I can EASILY see The Cadets playing the last couple of minutes of Wine-Dark Sea...reminiscent of the '86 show segment with the drums on the field periphery and the horns moving amongst the ribbon "frames"...