ACCOMMODATION INDY 2016

smiler

Hi Everyone. I,m from UK and visiting DCI Finals in 2016 , just had confirmation of my Super 3 ticket . Have been to Finals 3 times over the years but not to Indy. Can anyone help with the best place to stay where Drum Corps fans will be and as close to the stadium as possible. I would like a good hotel and don't mind paying the price as this may be my last Finals visit . Thankyou Paul

I know a lot of drum corps people stay at the Omni Severin, which is only a couple blocks from the stadium. Nice hotel, too...

• Like 1

Hi Everyone. I,m from UK and visiting DCI Finals in 2016 , just had confirmation of my Super 3 ticket . Have been to Finals 3 times over the years but not to Indy. Can anyone help with the best place to stay where Drum Corps fans will be and as close to the stadium as possible. I would like a good hotel and don't mind paying the price as this may be my last Finals visit . Thankyou Paul

Go back a dozen or so pages of DCI World Class threads and you;ll see 2 which discuss hotels in Indy, what corps' fans prefer what, and good deals and options.

Expect to pay as much as one does in London, but without the big breakfast.

Most staying downtown are using business discounts, corporate accounts or loyalty club points. British Air points can get one a nice room at Hampton Inn or Hilton within walking of stadium.

• Like 1

wow - I don't think Indy is nearly as expensive as London (which is on par with New York)

I like the JW Marriott - a short walk from the stadium, terrific property and wonderful service

The Westin is a nice option for a business class hotel

There are others further up the food chain and a bunch of 3 stars

Big thing is - stay near the convention center and/or Lucas Oil Stadium. Don't stay at the airport - it's miles from anything including the event

Good luck!

• Like 1

I'll 2nd the JW Marriott. Very nice hotel. The Springhill Suites and the Courtyard are located on the same property.

wow - I don't think Indy is nearly as expensive as London (which is on par with New York)

I like the JW Marriott - a short walk from the stadium, terrific property and wonderful service

The Westin is a nice option for a business class hotel

There are others further up the food chain and a bunch of 3 stars

Big thing is - stay near the convention center and/or Lucas Oil Stadium. Don't stay at the airport - it's miles from anything including the event

Good luck!

Depends on where you stay in London and what the dollar to pound exchange is. I never seem to benefit.

Wait for dci to offer their hotel packages. They have blocks at all downtown hotels at cheaper rates.

I just booked a room at the Hilton hotel and suites. Its within walking distance of everything. Many of the other hotels are already sold out. I've nrver stayed here before but it looks nice.

We are booked there as well. Surprised the rate was as low as it was. Now we will wait to see if any rates from DCI are cheaper.