Cadets 2016

Tobias

And... cadets can make changes and perfect them faster than many/most/all corps. Their rehearsals are super productive and efficient and their work ethic is legendary. It's time to get that mojo back.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

Well Cadets were very ahead this time last year and 2014 only to be passed by groups several points behind them at the end of the season so again not sure if the show has legs but history demonstrates some fierce amazingly well performing corps in June get passed by in August.

At some point, two points down becomes practically impossible to make up. I'm guessing that once scores climb into the 80s, if you're not within a point, you're pretty much out barring catastrophe at the top. Not telling you guys anything you don't already know.

I don't recall how far out in front Felliniesque was at this point, and once they hit mid-80s, but we all know that race was over early.

At some point, two points down becomes practically impossible to make up. I'm guessing that once scores climb into the 80s, if you're not within a point, you're pretty much out barring catastrophe at the top. Not telling you guys anything you don't already know.

I don't recall how far out in front Felliniesque was at this point, and once they hit mid-80s, but we all know that race was over early.

I respectfully disagree. Cavies was 2 pointing the field the first few weeks of the 2011 season. They dominated till BD and Cadets raced past them after San Antonio and never looked back.

• Like 1

After the Cavaliers score tonight, tomorrow feels like do or die for Cadets. I know the scores were inflated, but man the stakes are so high for this reset.

• Like 1

Um... the score fo r cavaliers is meaningless

As cool as it is for them, I agree. Won't matter til they're head to head with someone above them.

However, I think Cavaliers mean business this year. It's fun to hype a high score even if it's with no one above them. Fun to see them back kicking.

:)

• Like 2

As cool as it is for them, I agree. Won't matter til they're head to head with someone above them.

However, I think Cavaliers mean business this year. It's fun to hype a high score even if it's with no one above them. Fun to see them back kicking.

:)

I agree. I don't want to come in and disrespect the Cadets' thread, but you gotta admit is fun to hype the scores the past few days considering many people predicts them to place 9th or 10th this year.

As far as the Cadets, guys and gals in this forum, don't lose heart. You know they will get something working very soon. They still have that fantastic brass and percussion going for them. Just relax and try not to get too tense yet.

Um... the score fo r cavaliers is meaningless

True for now, but worth looking at.

I also think a BK surge is waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

I agree. I don't want to come in and disrespect the Cadets' thread, but you gotta admit is fun to hype the scores the past few days considering many people predicts them to place 9th or 10th this year.

As far as the Cadets, guys and gals in this forum, don't lose heart. You know they will get something working very soon. They still have that fantastic brass and percussion going for them. Just relax and try not to get too tense yet.

Or be like me and just enjoy the shows and ignore placements vs bantering about why corps x sucks and corps y is the best thing ever! Edited by 20XXMM
  • Like 1

And... cadets can make changes and perfect them faster than many/most/all corps. Their rehearsals are super productive and efficient and their work ethic is legendary. It's time to get that mojo back.

I think this Cadets corps does have their mojo going. I'll be there Friday to watch show, specifically the overall show design and energy and guard progress. That needs to gel by mid-July. (I always felt that's when slotting begins.) Edited by Tobias