Cadets 2016

Tobias

they were strong visually in 2014

I personally think the fresh ideas will matter most - it wasn't always an issue of lack of quality, it was "sameness" IMO

When I said "visual" I was was referring more to design/guard/interpretation. I feel they remain an outstanding corps but have been held back by their design. Now we have people that will say let's try it this way, not the way you've done it many times in the past. Edited by Tobias

When I said "visual" I was was referring more to design/guard/interpretation. I feel they remain an outstanding corps but have been held back by their design. Now we have people that will say let's try it this way, not the way you've done it many times in the past.

Let's just hope IF they do something different that some people won't resort to the usual complaining.

• Like 1

Let's just hope IF they do something different that some people won't resort to the usual complaining.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........

..........aaaaaaaahAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Of course there'll be complaining. I may even be a part of it. But know that at least my complaining comes from a place of respect, admiration, and a desire to see them consistently kick ###.

Hopefully Cadet's "visual issues" will be attended to with such a huge house cleaning in that dept. I had personal connections with lots of them and none with the new team so difficult for me but it was an area score wise that just got hammered the past few years.

Actually, to look at who was press released by Hopkins, who was contacted by GH and publicly kept on the staff page even after the announcements, and who has been added on new, the "huge house cleaning" may be an over-dramatic term. Change yes; decimation no.

Yes, a new drill designer, but one who marched Cadets and later taught Cadets before he was given a great opportunity to design elsewhere. He's coming home.

Yes, a new caption supervisor, but again one who marched Cadets and has proven himself elsewhere. He's coming home.

Yes, an new education/technique consultant who has judged DCI and BOA, has proven himself elsewhere and is on board to make sure education continues to be top rate no matter what style.

So the faculty is a combination of transition, addition, and tradition to give so far:

Darryl Pemberton (designer)

Bob Chreste (caption head)

Joe Roche (returning veteran faculty)

Jason DeGroff (returning veteran faculty)

Jeff Young (education/technique consultant)

Jonathan Aquirre (returning veteran faculty)

Kent Baker (returning veteran faculty)

Conrad Isenhour

Julian Johnson (returning veteran faculty)

Mike Roche

IMHO, that's a LOT of depth, experience, accomplishment, and flexibility for the past and the new. As GH stated, even more will be added.

Public sources of information as of 12/1/2015:

http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/staff

http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1112-cadets-announce-visual-leadership-for-2016

Edited by xandandl