Troopers 2016

Here's my take: show is good, very good. Design is good, kids are working hard, talent is up, teaching is excellent. That's what we can control. What we can't control: what other corps are doing in design, who they have in their talent and education pool, and what they've done to improve in their off season. First show is over. Second show is underway. Let audiences enjoy the shows, let judges do their thing, and whatever happens happens.

• Like 2

I was curious after seeing the scores to night, so I did some research. I know it's just one night of scores with one set of judges, but the Troopers haven't scored this close with Cadets (7.1 under tonight) within the last 10 years at least. The closest they've gotten in the passed was in 2009 (last time to make finals) with a 9.25.

I was curious after seeing the scores to night, so I did some research. I know it's just one night of scores with one set of judges, but the Troopers haven't scored this close with Cadets (7.1 under tonight) within the last 10 years at least. The closest they've gotten in the passed was in 2009 (last time to make finals) with a 9.25.

Not sure however if this says more about the Troopers for 2016, or The Cadets for 2016.

• Like 3

Not sure however if this says more about the Troopers for 2016, or The Cadets for 2016.

It may say more about the calendar. Volatility may be the new normal. Still, not gonna lie, I was happy for the members that their commitment to the show paid off for them on one night.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

It says what it says about the Cadets and Troopers in 2016.

Edited by HornTeacher

Their horns don’t play much in the first few minutes or most the show. The fire bit is mostly effect music, shame, seems like a good line. Their big impact fell flat, no crowd response. They need to fix it. Looks like they are trying to be modern by copying BK and BD. Not sure it worked, second number was good

good corps, they have talent