Cadets Guard vs. Crown Percussion

The only time BD loses is if one of these two corps is on their game. Crown percussion 5th last year at finals didn't help and Cadets Guard 5th past year at finals didn't help them. We all know Guard is a much more valued caption now and a weak guard hits you in GE Viz, VP as well as the Guard caption. What's everyone's thoughts on who gets their weak link fixed for 2016 and why?

Cadets fired their Guard team last month and Crown has made some nice additions to their percussion team. (I'll add Bloo into this discussion when they win a title maybe in 2016).

some of Crown's perc. adds were transfers from Cadets staff. Cadet alum and former student of Thom Hannum at UMass and Cadets, Jim Ancona seems to ping-pong between the two corps.

Jim is definitely one of the best, a nice guy, and busy 'off season' with those Fightin' Blue Hens (an image I have yet to fully grasp.)

some of Crown's perc. adds were transfers from Cadets staff. Cadet alum and former student of Thom Hannum at UMass and Cadets, Jim Ancona seems to ping-pong between the two corps.

Jim is definitely one of the best, a nice guy, and busy 'off season' with those Fightin' Blue Hens (an image I have yet to fully grasp.)

Chicks-Fighting-Exclusive-video.jpg

The only time BD loses is if one of these two corps is on their game.

The only time BD loses is when BD is not on their game ( BD has far more Titles than Crown & Cadets combined. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

The only time BD loses is when BD is not on their game ( BD has far more Titles than Crown & Cadets combined. )

Wrong!

BD has more DCI wins. When one adds the National titles Cadets won before BD and DCI existed and when national contests included often more than 100 corps participating in what today we call "World Class", Cadets (same corps in its 82 year history) has won more titles. Cavaliers come in second.

Don't be myopic.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Let's just agree that BD (design team) is always on their game.
  • Like 1

Wrong!

BD has more DCI wins. When one adds the National titles Cadets won before BD and DCI existed and when national contests included often more than 100 corps participating in what today we call "World Class", Cadets (same corps in its 82 year history) has won more titles. Cavaliers come in second.

Oh jeez,... here I was thinking we were confining our remarks here to just the DCI years of 1972 onward. In this silly extension of the timeline then, the Boston Crusaders ( and Troopers, as well ) have won more World Class Division National Title Championships than has Carolina Crown (or the Bluecoats) . But do you really then want to go back as well to the pre DCI years on this ? I think that would be pretty silly, frankly.

Edited by BRASSO

BD never loses, they only run out of time.

BD never loses, they only run out of time.

... and when they rarely do run out of time, they are not penalized for it.