Alumni Spectacular in 2016?

Just saw a rumor that this is being dropped...... Checking here.....

It wouldn't surprise me at all :satisfied:

i think it depends on what they were making off of this event. if it was costing more than it was bringing in, there's no reason to have it. i enjoyed most of this event, but the stadium was not even a third full when I attended two years ago.

IIRC the profits from the Alumni show is given to the participating corps.

What I am wondering about is why the number of corps dropped off. And that was with a corps from "next door" (Kingsmen) showing up.....

Likely costs to attend this event, versus what they've done the rest of the season, and membership available to attend. As much as rochester is a fairly cheap city, its still not cheap to get up there if you factor in gas, hotel, and food for the weekend.

• Like 2

Not to mention what weekend it is. Might be a surprise to some folks but some "Alumni" (typed tongue in cheek) members or at least their parents are affected by college move ins and other family stuff.

A facebook poster of a well known alumni corps that is ceasing operations at the end 0f 2016 made the claim of no show in 2016.

Gil Silva of DCA replied that this was not the case , there would be a show in 2016.

The poster than clarified his position that because of a lack of field shows he felt the alumni spectacular would be cancelled.

frankiE

Edited by fecontra