Cadets2 2016

They really should get rid of the age limit this year. It doesn't look good on them, wish the rest of the DCA directors weren't so scared of Hopkins.

The age limit fits in perfectly with the stated aim of C2, and it fits perfectly within the rules of DCA, so how does it "not look good on them"? Why would the directors of DCA corps be scared of Hoppy? He happened to bring them a brand new Open class corps that helps the circuit survive in tough times.

• Like 3

They really should get rid of the age limit this year. It doesn't look good on them, wish the rest of the DCA directors weren't so scared of Hopkins.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, but it seems like a jealous wind of sour grapes given you have been posting your corps affiliation in DCA on other threads in the DCI forum. Prove it on the field.

Edited by xandandl

The age limit fits in perfectly with the stated aim of C2, and it fits perfectly within the rules of DCA, so how does it "not look good on them"? Why would the directors of DCA corps be scared of Hoppy? He happened to bring them a brand new Open class corps that helps the circuit survive in tough times.

I'm scared of Mike Davis. :tongue:

Seriously.... I don't think anyone is scared of anyone in DCA!!!

• Like 2

you can't bully anyone into changing the limits of their private organization. While I agree it doesn't go with the rest of DCA's mentality, I will say that it's their ensemble, and they can do what they want with it.

• Like 1

When Bushwackers won their first titles in DCA, and for several years following, I remember their average age was somewhere like 19-20...and they certainly didn't have the market cornered on that age group by any means. Seeing that a large number of performers use DCA as a "stepping stone" to prepare them to march in DCI corps, it shouldn't be surprising at all. Look under the unis when you watch DCA corps next season. While I personally don't agree with a hard and fast "rule" within a corps limiting the maximum age, as C. Holland said it's their group, it's not against the present rules so they can run it as they desire.

Had corps BITD that were 21 and over period so *shrug* on upper age limit.....

Picturing Jim Costello and Lefty Mayer(sp?) scared of anyone in DCA.... nah no I can't either...

Lefty gave scares he didn't take them (Memory of first time I saw him at a corps pep talk)....

No, it's not drastic at all. You'll hardly notice any difference.

Color me confused. Wasn't it reported over the summer that C2 would be adopting the black uniforms Cadets1 wore in 2015? I feel like I even saw Hopkins quoted on these forums as saying that would give C2 their own distinctive look.

Color me confused. Wasn't it reported over the summer that C2 would be adopting the black uniforms Cadets1 wore in 2015? I feel like I even saw Hopkins quoted on these forums as saying that would give C2 their own distinctive look.

Not so much confused but presumptious.

Nowhere has any Cadet official said that the black uniforms were being automatically adopted by C2 as identically worn by the Cadets, which as we know turned out to be a fail for visual intimacy.

The Cadets, Cadets2, and admin. of both have made no official pronouncements about what either corps will be specifically wearing for Season 2016.

Any speculating or imagining is presumptuous. Wait and see.

Edited by xandandl

Had corps BITD that were 21 and over period so *shrug* on upper age limit.....

Picturing Jim Costello and Lefty Mayer(sp?) scared of anyone in DCA.... nah no I can't either...

Lefty gave scares he didn't take them (Memory of first time I saw him at a corps pep talk)....

Are you concluding that MikeD is no Jim Costello?????

What, they are both from Joisey and MikeD is even a .............................MODERATOR!

Not so much confused but presumptious.

Nowhere has any Cadet official said that the black uniforms were being automatically adopted by C2 as identically worn by the Cadets, which as we know turned out to be a fail for visual intimacy.

The Cadets, Cadets2, and admin. of both have made no official pronouncements about what either corps will be specifically wearing for Season 2016.

Any speculating or imagining is presumptuous. Wait and see.

George Hopkins open letter:

"The Cadets' uniform color change will last for seven performances only, and we have two options this year. The uniforms used for these seven shows will:

• Be passed on to Cadets2, which has never has their own set of uniforms. They will last at least five years, as C2 only performs on the weekends. When the cost is spread over those five years, the total cost to YEA! is probably $6,000.
  • Be sold for more than we paid for the set. This income would go to replenishing uniforms for both The Cadets and Cadets2."