The New Reilly Raiders All Age Non-Competing Corps - Update

cpamchaz

Reilly has come to the conclusion that no corps these days is truly an Alumni corps, so we've droped that description. To that end, we are recruiting for members of all ages and talents to join The New Reilly Raiders. We have ramped up our administration by adding Jimmy Russo as our Co-program Coordinator, and brought in Curt Hawkins as brass caption head.In addition, Karen Antolik has taken over the color guard. We had out first rehearsal with Curt last Sunday, and it was amazing to see how the horn line responded to him. The show for next year will have a "back to the future" feel. We opened up the file cabinet and pulled some old charts, but we will have one or two new tunes, as well. We expect to have an exciting season in 2016.

While I'm at it, let me announce that we will host the Reilly Raiders Music Festival on April 23, 2016 at Burlington High School, Burlington, NJ. The show will feature Jimmy Jordan's JTO Big Band, with several players from the ranks of drum corps. There will be four or five corps to entertain you as well, but I'll list those as we get closer to Aptil 23rd. Mark your calendars now.

Butch Myers, Secretary

New Reilly Raiders

Drum and Bugle Corps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bump. I support the creation of new corps in any/all it's forms. all my best -tap

Well now we have "Alumni" dropped at two ends of the Keystone State (T-birds and Reilly). Now if Hanover could totally scrub the "A" word from their website and banner we might have a trifecta.

Good move for the future Reilly....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good Luck Reilly!!!

I got to march with you in the Savannah, GA St Patrick's Day Parade. You ALL were so good to me and my wife. Truly a High Lite of my Drum Corps life.

So I Recommend, if any of you out there. Give them a try. A good time with good people.

• 1 month later...

The New Reilly Raiders have moved from practice mode to performance mode. From now to the Hanover Lancers show, each time we get together we run the show in ensemble - no more wood shedding. The 2016 show includes:

Those Were the Days

Thunder and Blazes

Minstrel Boy

Drum Solo - Sandy/Dervish

America/God Bless America

Sevilla

Drum Solo - Grey Ghost

Irish Eyes Chorale

We Are the Champions

The Reilly Raiders Music Festival is scheduled for April 23, 2016 at Burlington City High School in Burlington, NJ. Details can be found on our Facebook page.

Wishing everyone a great 2016 season,

Butch Myers, Secretary

The New Reilly Raiders All Age Non-competing Drum and Bugle Corps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Counting down. Sixteen more days until the Reilly Raiders Music Festival featuring:

Archie

Bracken

Bridgemen

Hanover

Hawthorne

Skyliners

Reilly Raiders.

Gonna' be a great show.

April 23, 2016

Burlington City High School

100 Blue Devil Way

Burlington, NJ 08016

Show starts at 5:00 PM

Carol Hooton

• Like 2

The Bridgemen are looking forward to participating at the Reilly Raider Show, for our first performance of 2016.

Counting down. Sixteen more days until the Reilly Raiders Music Festival featuring:

Archie

Bracken

Bridgemen

Hanover

Hawthorne

Skyliners

Reilly Raiders.

Gonna' be a great show.

April 23, 2016

Burlington City High School

100 Blue Devil Way

Burlington, NJ 08016

Show starts at 5:00 PM

Carol Hooton

Bumping this up the page a bit as show day approaches!!!

I am honored to be the emcee for this event.

But please, do not let that deter you from attending. :tongue: