2016 DCA Shows

White Sabers

​--"Dance of the Knights" from Romeo and Juliet (Sergei Prokofiev)

I'm shocked to find, upon scanning Corpsreps, that no corps seems to have played that particular awesome selection before. Can that be true?

• 3 weeks later...

Any corps that hasn't posted their show by now, I'm going to assume they don't have their act together.

• Like 1

I suppose so, although I have my doubts. The top corps post their shows. Music should be set by now.

Oh no... Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Cavaliers, SCV haven't posted show announcements... they must be folding :-(

edit - serious: out of all the stuff corps admins need to worry about, off-season show announcements are low priority.

Saying "Corps X doesn't have their act together because they haven't announced their show" is like saying "Movie theater X doesn't have their act together because they don't have a poster up for next summer's big release."

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

Any corps that hasn't posted their show by now, I'm going to assume they don't have their act together.

Maybe there's some reason things have to be run differently in DCA, but on the DCI side, last year's first place, third place, fifth place, sixth place, ninth place, and eleventh place corps have yet to announce any details of their 2016 shows, and a number of others have only released partial information (e.g., only the show title, or only some of the repertoire). Now it could be that Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Santa Clara Vanguard, etc. "don't have their act together", but I sorta doubt it.

• Like 1

I suppose so, although I have my doubts. The top corps post their shows. Music should be set by now.

There are *many* reasons a corps hasn't released show info by now. Some corps chose to release that info early (usually as part of their recruiting push) while others don't. Marketing plans, copyright acquisition, finalizing the program...you name it, it's a reason. And while it may be essentially April, don't assume all corps have the thematic material worked out in detail...not all corps roll that way, so they won't release the music being played until they are in a position to release a complete program.

It has no impact on fans if a corps releases early or late. Sure, speculation is fun, but it matters not once the season begins.

• Like 2

True enough. My intent was just give a poke to get the holdouts to update. I get more enjoyment from a show if I familiarize myself with the music. Some play stuff that takes getting used to.

• Like 1