Mergers!

Linda, Linda, Linda! Why do you hate me? What have I done to you? I have always been a supporter of Canadian corps and have never publicly said bad things about you but for some reason you dislike me. I try to contribute to DCP in a kind way and any time I post something you are there to shoot at me.

I am quite a nice guy, just ask anyone who has ever met me. Yet for some reason you have something against me so I am not sure what it is.

Have a Happy New Year!

So much to say but not inspired (feeling stifled) um may find another venue to write about wonderful years in drum corps and winter guard.

Thank you Brian. You are one of my many inspirations to write of the past that I'm proud of. Mega hugs to you and all that you do.

So much to say but not inspired (feeling stifled) um may find another venue to write about wonderful years in drum corps and winter guard.

Thank you Brian. You are one of my many inspirations to write of the past that I'm proud of. Mega hugs to you and all that you do.

Thanks for your kind words, Linda!

I really think you should contact Steve Vickers at Drum Corps World about writing about your corps experiences. He is always looking for new perspectives, and a Canadian perspective would be even more desirable! There aren't many writers with a Canadian historical background that have written for DCW in recent years.

For that matter.......ANYBODY on this forum who would like to write for DCW is more than welcome. Just send Steve an e-mail at:

publisher@drumcorpsworld.com

Linda so much history in the Great White North (nod the Second City TV) that is unknown. Please fill us in....

SCTV!!

Ironically I went to a few of Toronto's Second City stage shows and later lived a few blocks from Allarcom Studios where they filmed SCTV and of course watched a local program on TV.

Back on track ... speaking of mergers (of which this thread is about ahem) ... Second City and SCTV had a few of the same actors if I recall. Too funny! Good times! Good memories! lol

edit: Parody, satire, irony are types of comedies. I remember winter guard where instructors performed as a guard to entertain the audience and the kids they taught. Comic relief during pressure! 1977 Seattle contest had Open All Knights led by Stanley Knaub; 1977 Concord contest has Sorcerers Apprentices led by Gail Royer; there may have been more. The kids loved seeing their instructors do highlights of their show while the scores were tabulated. I have a video of our winter guard circuit from 1982. It's old, grainy and I don't know how to put it on youtube. Our instructor guard was called Hoser Review inspired by SCTV's Bob and Doug McKenzie. The parody of a parody was enjoyed by all, the audience and especially the guard members sitting on the back bleachers. Good times.

Edited by lindap

• 1 month later...

How many Rochester area corps merged?

Patriots and ? formed Fusion

Then there was Northmen and Renegades and....were there more?

Greece Cadets merged with everyone I think

How many Rochester area corps merged?

Patriots and ? formed Fusion

Then there was Northmen and Renegades and....were there more?

Greece Cadets merged with everyone I think

Patriots and Greece Cadets merged to form Fusion

Greece Cadets and Firebirds merged to form Northmen

Mighty Liberators and Blazers merged to form Renegades