JOBE-THIRDCOAST

The original, California-based JOBE group isn't riding on anyone's coattails. They are a tribute ensemble made up of a lot of Jim's former students, professional musicians, and drum corps veterans. The wouldn't do anything to sully the Ott name, and they sound fantastic when they perform. That's why this Third Coast crap is so frustrating.

I am not merely going off of the WI contingent. I have seen videos of the West Coast version.

And I heard their combined forces in person at Soundsport last year.

ya 3rd coast! I kinda took it as a you having some fun. But, I can also see people wanting to know. :poke:

Well whatever your format, the more the merrier at DCA finals weekend!

What Larry said.

No offense taken.

I'd just suggest that if you are planning to come to DCA... as a mini-corps or brass ensemble... then go to the DCA website, get the info on how to sign up for the mini-corps/I&E events (including the eligibility rules for those events) , and do so. Then come here and let us know that you're in, and I'm sure folks will look forward to seeing you that weekend.

As far as being in the alumni show... you don't just "wait for DCA" to add you. You have to approach DCA about being invited.

If I had a nickel for every group that has announced big plans for attending/competing in a drum corps event or starting a new corps or performance ensemble, and then either never showing up or never even coming close to living up to their hype, I'd be sipping a drink on a Caribbean island right now. LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 5

What Fran said about hype- One guy who is good about hype is Tom Moore at the Bucs- tells you what they're doing, that they're excited to perform it, and hopes you'll enjoy the program. No need for hyperboleish stuff. Just go out there and do it. :satisfied:

The original, California-based JOBE group isn't riding on anyone's coattails. They are a tribute ensemble made up of a lot of Jim's former students, professional musicians, and drum corps veterans. The wouldn't do anything to sully the Ott name, and they sound fantastic when they perform. That's why this Third Coast crap is so frustrating.

Hey, you play low brass also. Edited by thirdcoast