DCA cancels 2015 DVDs. Should we expect same from DCI?

Announced yesterday: http://dcacorps.org/?p=4608

After months of negotiations, DCA is disappointed to announce that the 2015 audio and visual products will not be produced. Licensing and releases to allow us to create our audio and visual products have not been approved by several copyright holders and publishers. We apologize for this turn of events, the result of which has been truly out of our control.

We will be processing refunds for 2015 audio/video products that were ordered and paid for within the next 2 weeks. Please be patient with us as we work through this challenging turn of events.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at lois@dcacorps.org

Given the lack of news regarding DCI's 2015 releases, should we be expecting the same, or similar, announcement coming from them soon?

Perhaps

I’d still prefer something than nothing

Crown, Cadets and other easily licensed shows show should be packaged and release, even if they need to go all the way down the ranks to obtain 12 shows. Perhaps the saving from fees will make up for any lack of sales due to dumping certain corps

I think DCI is going to wait and drag it on for as long as it possibly can, hoping to get everything approved for just the top 12 from finals. That may be months away, or it could be just a few more weeks as they stated in their last "update"

I find it odd that DCA is not at least releasing a CD set - I thought audio was supposed to be at least a little bit easier to secure licenses for and also cheaper. I may be wrong, but I thought that was why DCI got their CD set out back in December...video is much more of a monster to deal with.

Is this possibly an issue that DCA does not have the deep financial pockets that DCI does to pay out for these copyrights?

• Like 1

Is this possibly an issue that DCA does not have the deep financial pockets that DCI does to pay out for these copyrights?

I'll bet thats the case - if we do get a DCI Video of top 12, we should probably jump for joy and be thankful to get that at this point, the way things are going.

• Like 2

very much so. DCA doesn't even have a formal office

• Like 1