SCV 2016

It sounds as if he has a health issue that he must deal with and perhaps it did come up rather quickly. I wouldn't bash SCV's handling of it. Some departures are planned ahead of time and others are when life throws a curveball at someone resulting in things moving quickly..

It sounds as if he has a health issue that he must deal with and perhaps it did come up rather quickly. I wouldn't bash SCV's handling of it. Some departures are planned ahead of time and others are when life throws a curveball at someone resulting in things moving quickly..

Moving back to Chicago, focusing on family, and not touring with a nationally-ranked drum corps each summer is the equivalent of focusing on his health, if you ask me.

• Like 3

Moving back to Chicago, focusing on family, and not touring with a nationally-ranked drum corps each summer is the equivalent of focusing on his health, if you ask me.

True but he would have probably made that call right after the 2015 season...

True but he would have probably made that call right after the 2015 season...

Life is rarely about right and wrong - and that includes correct timing. It's just life and sh•t happens.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

All talk about Fiedler aside, congratulations Charles Frost! Best of luck to you in your first year as Corps Director, as well as to the members of SCV. Here's hoping we see another show like last year's, which IMO was a great breath of fresh air for the corps.

• Like 1

All talk about Fiedler aside, congratulations Charles Frost! Best of luck to you in your first year as Corps Director, as well as to the members of SCV. Here's hoping we see another show like last year's, which IMO was a great breath of fresh air for the corps.

Yes. Congrats to Charles Frost.,

Best of luck to both Jeff and Charles.

Good luck to the new director.

I wonder when the next Bill Cook, business executive and philanthropist, assumes the reigns of a top-tier corps or starts a new one?

Drum corps has a way of staying within their organizations for success planning - and for good reason. That's good on one hand. On the other, it would be interesting to get an outsider at the helm - with vision (and cash) for the future.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

It's a bit "odd" that the "organization has been strengthened and stabilized" so now he can retire and go home (not a quote, my wording)

Was SCV in bad shape? I always thought they, like BD, were flush with cash.

??

Assume he means fiscally and/or volunteer base or BOD -- and not "competitively" speaking?