WGI 2016

cjf20

ok so just now updating you all on WGI Pittsburgh i shall review the shows i remember

Norwin HS (Reg A) "Walk on by" very good show, they have a very large platform in the center of the floor that is used for several interested features

St. Marys Area HS "Sanctuary" Beautiful show, with very nice red uniforms

West Shore School District "Grey" props all over resembling an attic, about an old women looking back on old memories i believe? nailed all there saber catches though so i was very impressed

Gateway HS "In our hearts forever" very clean show, not sure if they are going to dayton this year but they look amazing

Artistry IN BLUE (i don't remember the name) they have a few window props spread out across the back of the floor, there floor resembles "The Starry Night" Painting, very well designed show i believe they will place in the top 3 this year

North Syracuse Central HS "Smooth Criminal (i think?)" really enjoyed watching them, they sure know how to bring a theme to life

Jamestown HS "A peaceful demonstration" show music is "This bitter earth/on the nature of daylight" with voice overs of Martin Luther King, very emotional show

Light Brigade, such a joy to watch, i always love them year after year

Lancaster Independent "Gravity" not really sure what there show is about but they nailed every single weapon toss in there show so kudos

• Like 2

Thanks for the updates. I miss all the chatter on here. From what I have seen online, most IW groups are doing dark, abstract shows. Thankfully Mayflower isn't and we can't wait to be back in Dayton!

Thanks for the updates. I miss all the chatter on here. From what I have seen online, most IW groups are doing dark, abstract shows. Thankfully Mayflower isn't and we can't wait to be back in Dayton!

well i can't wait to see you guys there then :)

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Eastern Championship in Monmouth. Emanon continues to thrill me, Black Watch and Les Eclipses are still beautiful, and AMP is still THE story of the year in the northeast. Seriously people - If you can catch them, you must!

Q's a ton better than the last time I saw them. In keeping with my notes from before, today's pleasant surprise was Shenendahowa (sp?). They're bats. I mean, literally bats, you know, little flying mammals? Very original, very creative, so much fun.

Speaking of fun -Light Brigade, OMG!!!! They'll turn every arena into a party on the block circa, what, 1969?

Unfortunately, that's my last show this year, so peace out y'all. AMP-love to all!

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for this thread. Hugs to all. I only watched 95 guards during the webcast on March 19 2016 and loved all that I saw. Hugs to all the performers. Of the 95, I put a smile beside some with a brief personal note. See below.

Greater Johnstown HS butterflies, nice show overall, South Brunswick HS good use of space, Shenendehowa HS good staging, cool tricks and bats. Fun!, Trumbull HS great design, palette in 'Vanishing Act', Emanon good use of pole props, Field of View pleasant to watch, Light Brigade so much fun and yeah for EWF, Jupiter HS Spanish flavour, Braden River HS delightful, Tampa Independent 80's groovy fun, Carolina Visual Productions good music and flow, Seminole HS leaving the focus point and returning was intriguing, Tarpon Springs HS is NYC, West Broward HS linear with texture, emotion with technique, Braddock Independent energetic performance, UCF Pegasus World spirit and punctuation, Clovis North HS lights!, Mount Carmel 'Into the Fire', Homestead HS 'White Rabbit' whimsical, Pacificaires interpret music well, Rhapsody in the park was cool, juggling garbage, Oregon Crusaders Independent 'In Contrast', Diamante powerful, Blessed Sacrament cymbals, drumline and guard together, FeniX Independent tightrope beauty and poise, Santa Clara Vanguard breathtaking texture, Fantasia lovely moonlight.

Dear WGI, please provide a decompression chamber after viewing a webcast marathon otherwise I'll go batty! No worries; had a good web feed on March 19.

Dear guards going to finals, get it! do it up! have fun! we love you and cheering for you even when we're miles and decades away! Sincerely, lindap :smile:

• Like 1