The Kilties---Details

WWBD

The Kilties will be holding their second full corps rehearsal camp of 2016 on February 20th and 21st.

Performing opportunities are open in all sections (brass, color guard, percussion) along with Drum Major/Conductor opportunities.

Visit The Kilties website for information on the corps, requesting membership information and/or applying for membership.

http://kilties.com/

"We Winna Be Dauntit"

The Kilties will be holding their second full corps rehearsal camp of 2016 on February 20th and 21st.

Performing opportunities are open in all sections (brass, color guard, percussion) along with Drum Major/Conductor opportunities.

Visit The Kilties website for information on the corps, requesting membership information and/or applying for membership.

"We Winna Be Dauntit"

:thumbs-up:

PS: Love the show and staff. :colgate:

"We Winna Be Dauntit"

Heard through the grapevine there's the big annual chili cook-off being held at this camp!!! Sounds like fun!!!

Found a video of the aftermath of one of the past annual chili cook-off events............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2Eltc503I

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like Chili cook off weekend. Can we do it for dinner next year so everyone can leave the building???

On another note I wonder how the Kilties are doing. Let's ask the music director/brass caption head.

Hey o.k. me, I'll take it from here.

All the brass music is in (including chorales and parade music). Percussion has 3 of 4 tunes handed out. That's been done in past Februaries,,,,let me think,,, wait for it,,,,,,, never?

We are also starting visual show one camp earlier too.

Ironically, we need about 1 person for each section. probably more bass drums 'cuz we want to get our tech off the instrument and in front of basses.

Well, that's it for February. Looking forward to the future. Except chili cook off. ;)

I don't like Chili cook off weekend. Can we do it for dinner next year so everyone can leave the building???

On another note I wonder how the Kilties are doing. Let's ask the music director/brass caption head.

All the brass music is in (including chorales and parade music). Percussion has 3 of 4 tunes handed out. That's been done in past Februaries,,,,let me think,,, wait for it,,,,,,, never?

Ironically, we need about 1 person for each section. probably more bass drums 'cuz we want to get our tech off the instrument and in front of basses.

Well, that's it for February. Looking forward to the future. Except chili cook off. ;)

Great report! Thanks!!

Chili Cook-Off Aftermath:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs

:ninja:

I'm glad I WASN'T there for the chili cook-off.. My nephew has "borrowed" a recipe from our old cronie from '76, Glen Latourneau...I understand that if that concoction is prepared inside - it takes better than a week to clear the atmosphere..

Porkchop usually says it takes about 2 DAYS to cook the recipe - but I'm man enough to admit I could NOT even get close to eating that..

It SHOULD warm up the metal in those Kanstuls I suspect... or melt them! LOL :tounge2:

:worthy: to those of you in Racine brave enough to partake of the offerings! Even if Mr. Latourneau's fiery delicacy wasn't present!

Pat

Edited by goalieguy

I see Glenn at Classic Cavs. I will have to ask him. (then water it down :colgate: ).