What George said now...

According to George Lavelle's post on the DCA forum, the Bridgemen alumni will be doing the exhibition at Indy this summer.

longer letter than given here.

... I'm happy to say we have over 70 horns and over 25 percussion and will be having our biggest corps since 2006.

We will be doing 5 field shows this summer, highlighted with the final field performance in August at the DCI-Semi Finals in Indy. We will also be doing an exhibition at the Soundsport competition in Indy

After August the organization will become a performing arts organization with many small ensembles like a Mini-Corps and maybe even a Soundsport. Types that you will need less people and less money.

Hope this clears everything up as you will be able to see the Bridgemen many times before we ride off to the sunset.

George Lavelle
Bridgemen Director

Last year, I wrote in the DCA Finals thread:

"Bridgemen regularly appear in encore at DCI's Allentown show (and I heard a rumor today that they'll play following next year's . . . well, perhaps it wasn't meant to be shared publicly)."

It's nice to have that rumor confirmed, though sad to learn that this will be the Bridgemen Alumni's last season as a full ensemble. I thought their show at the Alumni Spectacular last year was highly entertaining.

. I thought their show at the Alumni Spectacular last year was highly entertaining.

I still chuckle with memories of their exhibiton at Allentown the year they paid "tribute" to SCV from BITD by playing Bottle Dance, only to have the "dancers" come forward on their aluminum walkers. Effective, creative, and the crowd loved it.

Ditto the time they paid tribute to 27th, complete with sitting George Bonfiglio (RIP) front and center.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

It's nice to have that rumor confirmed, though sad to learn that this will be the Bridgemen Alumni's last season as a full ensemble. I thought their show at the Alumni Spectacular last year was highly entertaining.

Completely agree. The Bridgemen are always fun to watch. We'll miss them... but I fully understand the reasons behind their decision.

Last I checked, their schedule has them appearing at the Caballeros' Drum Corps Grand Prix DCA show in July. As things stand now, that will be my last chance to 1) see them on the field, and 2) announce them. I'm sure they'll bring the house down, as usual.