Blue Knights 2016

RPK

Anyone have anything they're willing to share from the show and tell yesterday?

• Like 1

I'm not at liberty to reveal specifics but let's just say that one of the pieces they're playing is something by Christopher Rouse

I'm not at liberty to reveal specifics but let's just say that one of the pieces they're playing is something by Christopher Rouse

Nice.

• Like 1

" Heimdall's Trumpet", perhaps ?

Y'all know it is Bonham. Obviously the drum feature.

hdbng3_smiley.gif

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went to BK's show and tell this afternoon with my son who aged out in 2014. We saw and heard some pretty nice stuff.

This was a brass-only camp and they only had about a third of their horn line there...but they sounded pretty darned good. I won't give any names of music that I heard, but there was a non-show piece that many will recognize...a beautiful, lush piece of music. Next, was a show piece that is a work in progress...kind of a mash-up of various music from a famous, prolific composer of modern movies. This mash-up piece will turn heads, I think...lots of double-tonguing. My son was very impressed by the performance. Last December I heard another show piece that comes from a popular film from early 2000's...but I still have no idea what the title or theme of the show is going to be. BK usually announces that maybe late April, but more likely in May sometime.

I can't wait!!

We also got treated to a run through...in uniform...by BK Percussion Ensemble's show: Mightier. That is a darned good show. At one point, the front ensemble plays their music with pencils. I think they'll do well with it this year.

Edited by Herk
  • Like 1