Blue Knights 2016

RPK

We also got treated to a run through...in uniform...by BK Percussion Ensemble's show: Mightier. At one point, the front ensemble plays their music with pencils.

Was Opus #2 the piece, perhaps ?

' looking forward to seeing what BK have in store for us this season. I like this brighter look ( unis ) and sound from them they've adopted the last couple of years. From their improved scores of late, apparently the judges do as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am too and I have no idea what they're doing.

[...] a mash-up of various music from a famous, prolific composer of modern movies. This mash-up piece will turn heads, I think...lots of double-tonguing. My son was very impressed by the performance. Last December I heard another show piece that comes from a popular film from early 2000's...but I still have no idea what the title or theme of the show is going to be[...]

I really would like if that "prolific composer" was Hans Zimmer, but I know you are probably sworn to secrecy.

Loved Cavaliers take on Macrotus. Would be cool to see BK do more with Zimmer's music.

I really would like if that "prolific composer" was Hans Zimmer, but I know you are probably sworn to secrecy.

Loved Cavaliers take on Macrotus. Would be cool to see BK do more with Zimmer's music.

Brad spoke about the composer during the show and tell. I don't know a whole lot about composers

and had never heard of him. Later, I looked the guy up and found out about the movie music he's done. But I DO know who Hans Zimmer is, and that's not the guy Brad talked about.

I'm not sworn to secrecy, but I have enough respect for the corps and for their staff and management to let them announce stuff when they want to.

btw, I agree about it being cool if BK did some Zimmer music.

BK went to another placement pecking order level once they parted ways with Visual Drill Writer Marc Sylvester, imo. BK's Visuals got more structured, more disciplined, more coherent, and better coordinated with the fine music and brass tutelege from Boccok, and move up in placements became the predictable end results for BK.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

From what I've heard, like last year this show is continuing off themes of the past 2 shows. Their show is supposedly about death. VERY dark

• Like 1