BD / SCV Open Rehearsals?

I have lived in either New Mexico or San Diego all my life. I am now living in San Francisco, super close to SCV and BD!! I was wondering if anyone knew if I would be able to sit in on rehearsals any time soon??? :)

BD always has open rehearsals. I don't know about SCV.

They will be doing some camps at universities this year and SFSU is one of them. Also UC Berkeley and at Hayward as well. Check the calendar. Not sure why but I saw it.

I have lived in either New Mexico or San Diego all my life. I am now living in San Francisco, super close to SCV and BD!! I was wondering if anyone knew if I would be able to sit in on rehearsals any time soon??? :)

Sit in? Do you mean visit/watch a rehearsal? I wouldn't think any corps would mind you watching rehearsals or parts of rehearsals. I'm not sure you'd get access to sectionals. You might even volunteer to help out while you are there.Corps can always use extra hands for a multitude of things.

thanks all :)

• 1 month later...

Yes. Corps practices are generally open to the public... expecially given the fact that most practices are in publically taxpayor funded facilities. I suppose if Corps practiced in private school settings they would be permitted legally to keep out the public. But Corps practices in a public school facility they do not own ? I doubt it. There is nothing to prevent a jogger from using the open stadium track that a corps practices on at that stadium for example.... nor for a person to use the public gymnasium, public restrooms, etc at a public school during off school hours, unless a locally based unit or sports team has reserved the facility for themselves exclusively. The key phrase being " locally based ". Even here, its doubtful that these groups would be legally permitted to keep the taxpayor funding public out from sitting in the taxpayor funded stands to watch what is going on ( or not going on ) on the taxpayor funded field below, imo. All this being said, I 've found most Corps are ok with fan attendance at practices. They might request you take no pictures, nor videos of their preseason practices, and if you comply with this request, you'll probably be able to watch and observe their practice without any problems at all.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes. Corps practices are generally open to the public... expecially given the fact that most practices are in publically taxpayor funded facilities. I suppose if Corps practiced in private school settings they would be permitted legally to keep out the public. But Corps practices in a public school facility they do not own ? I doubt it. There is nothing to prevent a jogger from using the open stadium track that a corps practices on at that stadium for example.... nor for a person to use the public gymnasium, public restrooms, etc at a public school during off school hours, unless a locally based unit or sports team has reserved the facility for themselves exclusively. The key phrase being " locally based ". Even here, its doubtful that these groups would be permitted to keep the taxpayor funding public out, imo.

For those and most know that BD starts their full rehearsals at Mars. This is not a public school but a corporate owned facility that they have donated not just for BD but also for baseball (little league). It's very close to the BD hall (bingo). It can be either very warm but most likely windy and cool toward the evenings. But it's open to the public.

Mars.... where BD has practiced for years.... is a perfect setting for outdoor practices. Its essentially big and barren, and appropriately named... as its like practicing on the planet itself, ie nothing but barreness all around there ( except for those big concrete mammoths the Co. owns there ). BD has been very gracuous and open over the years to allowing the fans, alums, fam, etc that go there to watch them practice.

Edited by BRASSO

I can't wait until all days!

The area around it is being built up a little and there is a decent bbq place a quarter mile or so away. (Kinders)