Raiders Brass

I stopped in at rehearsal, and was amazed with what I saw and heard.

There are only 11 spots left in the Raiders brass line. A couple of tubas, 1 bari, a few mellos, and a few trumpets. If you're looking for a place to march, know a student who is, or know of a band director that supports DCI, please send them this info.

http://aplusarts.org/raiders

If they have any questions, then can send them my way, I'll put them in contact with the correct people. The hornline sounds amazing. Easily this is the best year hands down talent-wise, the horn book is a chop buster, and their fees are really low.

Again, if you know anyone looking to march. Send them my email. HollandLD@Gmail.com

thanks for sharing this.

cheers.

This is really nice to hear, since last year's show and results were disappointing. Their "Raven" show three years ago was pretty effective, even if it did lean too much on the prerecorded audiobook narration by John de Lancie ("Q" from Star Trek, whom I'll get to see in a play here in Cleveland next month).

Chris, good to hear this news.

Great group of people there.

Only 11 ?

I stopped in at rehearsal, and was amazed with what I saw and heard.

There are only 11 spots left in the Raiders brass line. A couple of tubas, 1 bari, a few mellos, and a few trumpets. If you're looking for a place to march, know a student who is, or know of a band director that supports DCI, please send them this info.

http://aplusarts.org/raiders

If they have any questions, then can send them my way, I'll put them in contact with the correct people. The hornline sounds amazing. Easily this is the best year hands down talent-wise, the horn book is a chop buster, and their fees are really low.

Again, if you know anyone looking to march. Send them my email. HollandLD@Gmail.com

thanks for sharing this.

cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

This is really nice to hear, since last year's show and results were disappointing. Their "Raven" show three years ago was pretty effective, even if it did lean too much on the prerecorded audiobook narration by John de Lancie ("Q" from Star Trek, whom I'll get to see in a play here in Cleveland next month).

And tonight I had the chance to speak with him briefly about their show, which was cool.

• 1 month later...

Interesting news I missed when announced by Andalucia Musical Instruments:

"I am pleased to announce our new partnership with the Raiders Drum and Bugle Corps of New Jersey. We have entered a thirty-three months agreement starting with our AdVance line of marching brass - Bb soprano, mellophone and baritone for the 2016 DCI season. A new set of horns will arrive by their May Camp! As an artist, they will also be our authorized distributor in the state of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania (with additional territories in the works). ...
Since the year 2000, DCI have somewhat lost its magic by switching to Bb and no manufactures have come close of replicating the G soprano sound - until we came to existence. Even though this little boutique company is barely two years old, our goal was to figure out a way to bring back the G bugle magic. The creation of the AdVance Phase III Bb soprano did just that and I’m looking forward to see the Raiders in action this summer! ..."

sexy. They have a couple of brass spots left now.

Tuba, and a trumpet. So YOU would get to play on these awesome new horns (if you play trumpet) and come take that last spot.

Edited by C.Holland

I was there when they opened the boxes and warmed up.

Horns are very light and produced a very nice sound.

The new brighter sound will fit their show extremely well.

They are still looking to fill the last couple of spots in the trumpet and Tuba Lines.

Its going to be a pretty exciting year.

As an alumni of the Raiders I'm really excited to be hearing these things! Can't wait to see what they will do this year! :)