Worst Top 12 Corps Ever!

Kind of a poor topic, members tend to get ###### when you trash their corps. I'm thinking of 4 div1 corps I won't name.

Kind of a poor topic is true. These many threads over many years are depressing. I've lost my train of thought many times. So sad. Too bad. I'm an optimist with stories that have no place here.

Phantom Regiment, for example, went from 23rd in 1972 with a score of 64.40 to winning DCI, for a second time, in 2008 with a score of 98.125. How in the world can that be considered trashing the corps through a depressing thread that has a poor topic? Unless, of course, you consider the American Dream of Rags to Riches a depressingly poor topic that trashes those who become successful.

• Like 1

Hi Stu. Please ask Keith to match his thread title with his intent to ensure clarity ...? ...! ...

Yes, Linda, I believe the thread title is a bit harsh for what we are actually referring to.

Nobody is calling these corps the "worst", but rather it is a low-point/high-point for the corps that have become super corps over the decades.

I messaged Stu soooooo he can change to whatever will make everyone happy. Sorry for hurting feelings, that wasn't the intent!

Hi Stu. Please ask Keith to match his thread title with his intent to ensure clarity ...? ...! ...

Hi Lindap. There is a bit of confusion concerning the title of the thread, ok. But if I were and Admin and going to advise Keith I would likely ask him to change the topic title to something like... 'If This Thread Title Offends You Get Over It You Sniveling Whiners!" or to just leave it the way it is and either ignore or thumb his nose at those who are supposedly 'offended' by the thread title.

Edited by Stu

I messaged Stu soooooo he can change to whatever will make everyone happy. Sorry for hurting feelings, that wasn't the intent!

I am a schmo like most everyone else on DCP not an Admin, but please do not give in to the sniveling whiners.

Yes, Linda, I believe the thread title is a bit harsh for what we are actually referring to.

Nobody is calling these corps the "worst", but rather it is a low-point/high-point for the corps that have become super corps over the decades.

It might be done innocently or by accident, and it may not reflect the actual context of the thread purpose, but the title sure is an attention grabber!!!!

It might be done innocently or by accident, and it may not reflect the actual context of the thread purpose, but the title sure is an attention grabber!!!!

Good statement and your words may be the true intent of the thread.

Almost nobody started "in medias res", so to speak. Even the greatest had (mostly) humble beginnings.

I can think of two exceptions: Spirit of Atlanta and Star of Indiana.

If my research is correct, while Spirit did place 6th in their second season of DCI competition in 1978, in their first year 1977 they placed 23rd; so they too had humble beginnings. As for Star, yep they were an exception placing 10th their first year in 1985. But to me the real exception, as it applies to the DCI top 12 era, is SCV who placed 3rd in 1972 which was also the inaugural season for DCI.

• Like 1