Worst Top 12 Corps Ever!

....at NO TIME did I mention this fictitious G7! ...The Title of the post wasn't meant to demean any corps as it was just a title that popped up when I wrote it.

You did not mention them, but the G7 are far, far, far from being fictitious. They are also important to this thread because they are currently top 12 WC corps; and while 6 of the 7 began in DCI with some semblance of humble placements they sure did not stay humble in their attitude toward other corps who are now at the same exact place some of them were at many years ago; near the bottom. And by pointing this fact out is not demeaning to the 7 who signed and promoted the recent proposal, which did demean other corps, but it is just a posting of factual information within this thread concerning top 12 corps who came from humble beginnings and chose to walk away from that humbleness. Moreover, a very noble come-back corps that has experienced humbleness more than once which is mentioned in this thread, Boston Crusaders, even pointed out their own opinion of the G7 on the field in 2014!

Edited by Stu

So I am going ADD like everyone else (squirrel)...this G7 thing was mentioned years ago and it hasn't happened yet and you would think that if it was so important that it would have been done. I see all World class drum corps doing there best to be competitive and not worry about this G7 thing. So can we move away from the "conspiracy theory" and just talk about whatever the topic is about. I swear people are like our government...."An negative event/issue pops up and we can use that as our smoke screen to hide what we are really doing behind the scenes. No one will know what hit them!" Squirrel....how about Dutchboy when they were the Dutchboy Cadets wearing liederhosen?

• Like 1

The following WC corps who are currently in existence, and also have been in the WC top 12, had at some point the following lowest placements within their years at top tier DCI competition:

Cascades 45th

Blue Knights 41st

Boston 39th

Bluecoats 38th

Blue Stars 37th

Colts 35th

Crown 33rd

Blue Devils 24th

Crossmen 24th

Troopers 24th

Regiment 23rd

Spirit 23rd

Cadets 19th

Cavaliers 15th

Madison 15th

SCV 8th

The following WC corps that are no longer in existence or no longer compete in DCI, and also have been in the WC top 12, had at some point the following lowest placements within their years at top tier DCI competition:

Kilties 49th

Black Knights 45th

Glassmen 42nd

Argon Rebels 42nd

Bleu Raiders 41st

Des Plains Vanguard 41st

Suncoast Sound 40th

Guardsmen 39th

Anaheim Kingsmen 37th

Bridgemen 35th

Velvet Knights 33rd

Oakland Crusaders 32nd

Dutch Boy 32nd

Sky Ryders 31st

North Star 30th

Commodores 24th

Royal Crusaders 24th

Seneca Optimists 23rd

Muchachos 21st

Magic of Orlando 21st

27 Lancers 20th

Freelancers 19th

Purple Lancers 18th

DeLaSallle Oaklands 16th

Star of Indiana 10th

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

'The following WC corps that are no longer in existence or no longer compete in DCI, and also have been in the WC top 12, had at some point the following lowest placements within their years at top tier DCI competition:'

Kilties 49th - 5th
Black Knights 45th - 10th
Glassmen 42nd - 5th
Argon Rebels 42nd - 5th
Bleu Raiders 41st - 12th
Des Plains Vanguard 41st - 7th
Suncoast Sound 40th - 5th
Guardsmen 39th - 7th
Anaheim Kingsmen 37th - 1st
Bridgemen 35th - 3rd
Velvet Knights 33rd - 7th
Oakland Crusaders 32nd - 6th
Dutch Boy 32nd - 12th
Sky Ryders 31st - 9th
North Star 30th - 9th
Commodores 24th - 12th
Royal Crusaders 24th - 9th
Seneca Optimists 23rd - 8th
Muchachos 21st - 4th
Magic of Orlando 21st - 8th
27 Lancers 20th - 2nd
Freelancers 19th - 8th
Purple Lancers 18th - 10th
DeLaSallle Oaklands 16th - 7th
Star of Indiana 10th - 1st

Out of respect for the above corps, I went to corpsreps.com and checked the highest placement of each corps since 1972. What I found is beside your list after the dash. I marched with Oakland Crusaders in 1976. I like to remember my age out year as being on a high note. I'm grateful for my drum corps and winter guard experiences.

So I am going ADD like everyone else (squirrel)...this G7 thing was mentioned years ago and it hasn't happened yet and you would think that if it was so important that it would have been done. I see all World class drum corps doing there best to be competitive and not worry about this G7 thing. So can we move away from the "conspiracy theory" and just talk about whatever the topic is about. I swear people are like our government...."An negative event/issue pops up and we can use that as our smoke screen to hide what we are really doing behind the scenes. No one will know what hit them!" Squirrel....how about Dutchboy when they were the Dutchboy Cadets wearing liederhosen?

As background, I've always had an interest in language and literature. I remember enjoying my theatre classes and our teacher making us explore the historical era to provide context to the play we were studying and/or performing. We would also research the clothing, life style and colloquialisms of each era.

I remember a thread on DCP that asked if the reader used the words 'soda' or 'pop'. The answers were generally based from various regions in North America. It was a refreshing thread.

In all honesty, I read your post 3 times to try and understand the meaning. It's not clear to me. Please accept my apologies and clarify. I don't know the colloquialism 'squirrel'. I searched. The response; 'a squirrel is a type of rodent'. Please enlighten me. I enjoy learning something new each and every day.

(As an aside, I was a staff member for Dutchboy Cadets 1975-1976. They wore long pants in 76. They were a great group and I enjoyed my time with them. Hugs!)

Edit: does ADD mean the mathematical term?

Edited by lindap

Out of respect for the above corps, I went to corpsreps.com and checked the highest placement of each corps since 1972. What I found is beside your list after the dash. I marched with Oakland Crusaders in 1976. I like to remember my age out year as being on a high note. I'm grateful for my drum corps and winter guard experiences.

Well... the two lists I made, in which the second list included the Oakland Crusaders, were done out of respect to the question presented by the original poster, Kieth Hall which read, and I quote:

"What top 12 corps started out at the bottom, or near the bottom, of drum corps?

I would have to say the only top 12 corps today would have to be Bluecoats. But what other corps from previous years had a not so successful season? Glassmen maybe? Others?"

So, I was merely accommodating his request by presenting the not so successful placements of the corps which have been in the top 12.