DCA Schedule and Lineup

My bad it was auto corrected to cops instead of corps.

However, the fact remains that it is now mid April and the DCA Schedule hasn't been finished nor the corps selected.

References to the "old days" was when the positions were drawn, but certainly by now the lineups were released.

Other that a monthly DCA celebirty there has been little to no news coming out of DCA.

My bad it was auto corrected to cops instead of corps.

However, the fact remains that it is now mid April and the DCA Schedule hasn't been finished nor the corps selected.

References to the "old days" was when the positions were drawn, but certainly by now the lineups were released.

Other that a monthly DCA celebirty there has been little to no news coming out of DCA.

It really should be out before May 1st. So people can start putting in for summer Vacation day's. In my opinion. Most of the Corps should be able to know about how much they can afford to spend on Travel by then I would think.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Kind of crazy to wait-- BITD when I went to my first ever corps rehearsal in march- the schedule was known at least to the corps- that's when we had to "uninvite" ourselves from a show, which pretty much was the catalyst for the corps getting angry enough to wake up and get better.

An exciting way to get welcomed to Westshore, let me tell you.

• Like 1

Kind of crazy to wait-- BITD when I went to my first ever corps rehearsal in march- the schedule was known at least to the corps- that's when we had to "uninvite" ourselves from a show, which pretty much was the catalyst for the corps getting angry enough to wake up and get better.

An exciting way to get welcomed to Westshore, let me tell you.

LOL!!!!

A number of corps have their schedules posted on their websites... you can kinda unofficially piece together some show lineups that way.

Unofficial, of course. As is this post. :tongue:

Oh- we were told specifically by the host that they "...didn't want a corps of our caliber ruining their fine event.", and could we please pull ourselves out? It caused quite an angry stir when the letter was read to us at that rehearsal. :satisfied:

Created a long animosity between that corps with us. Was rather fun when we beat them at Scranton later that year. There were a few loud coughs and mumbles about a "corps of our caliber" during retreat.

• Like 1

Last year it was in mid-late May sometime. I don't remember the exact date, but the meeting to draw for performance order was held at the Legion Post in Hawthorne, NJ.

last weekend of the month i believe this year

• Like 1

The Times they are-a-Changing! Or as the great Philosopher Jagger said, "you can't always get what you want!"

Besides, how HUGE are these shows nowadays? In early 2000's we would be in a show with Grennies, Brigs and Statesmen. 4 CORPS!!! The placement was chosen before the season started LOL

Historically, most DCA shows were 4-5 corps lineups anyway regardless of the region. Typical show line up almost every normal weekend circa 1980:

"Western Group"

Bucs

Westshore

Crusaders

Thunderbirds

Eastern Group

Cabs

Sky

Hurcs

Sun

Matadors

Bigger shows would have certain shakeups and changes, the Cabs' Grand Prix, the regular season Hershey contest, the Dream, Bucknell, Scranton, Rochester regionals.

Edited by BigW

Historically, most DCA shows were 4-5 corps lineups anyway regardless of the region. Typical show line up almost every normal weekend circa 1980:

"Western Group"

Bucs

Westshore

Crusaders

Thunderbirds

Eastern Group

Cabs

Sky

Hurcs

Sun

Matadors

Bigger shows would have certain shakeups and changes, the Cabs' Grand Prix, the regular season Hershey contest, the Dream, Bucknell, Scranton, Rochester regionals.

Then Steel City Ambassadors and Empire Statesmen joined the "Western Group" in the early 1980s.

Steel City even had their own "DCA West" flag. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2