C2 vs everyone

There is NOTHING in dca rules that specify lower or upper age requirements. PERIOD!!! It's all aged...

Individual corps who are smart enough to deal with legal ramifications can have any rules they like... and require any medical/liability releases necessary.

And not to shock anyone, but this is NOTHING new... 50 years ago (I was there) corps I was with had minimum age requirements... one of the common variances was that "under 18 allowed if a family member over 18 is a member to accept responsibility."

All aged is All aged, but when it comes to individual corps... it's up to each corps...

• Like 1

And if you thought DCA had youngsters in the 70s Tom you should have seen the RCA...... :tounge2:

Joined a Sr corps at 16 and nearest Jrs were Schuylkill Haven or Ebensburg... not fun drives.......

Mr. Adcock,

Even though you know I was "trying" to be facetious, do you know that is the factual DCA answer? Maybe no one ever inquired.

It seems a little, dare I say, unfair.

LP

I actually do know the factual answer. The answer is, there is no limit on the age of any DCA participant, upper or lower, imposed...wait for it...BY THE CIRCUIT. Additionally, there are no rules in place the require any DCA corps to restrict or not restrict by age.

What Cadets2 has *chosen* to do is restrict *themselves*. They have elected to put them selves at a disadvantage when it comes to recruiting bodies.

So how, exactly, is that unfair to anyone?

It both shrunk their pool of applicants, and weeded out those over the hill marchers. Some may not like that its an "age restricted corps" in an "all ages circuit" but if its not against the book governing the corps, who cares.

• Like 2

And if you thought DCA had youngsters in the 70s Tom you should have seen the RCA...... :tounge2:

Joined a Sr corps at 16 and nearest Jrs were Schuylkill Haven or Ebensburg... not fun drives.......

I joined Les Dips at 17 in 1964. Played FH and was the youngest in the corps. I don't think that anybody knew my age, since I had already started college.

Salut, Bob P.

Thanks Tom!

That sums it up. I guess it doesn't perplex anyone or have a rule about keeping the group in a yea range. Ok, cool.

see y'all on the 47.5.

LP

Right on C.H. Gotcha.

Kamarag, uummm, the average 16 to 25 year old body is in better shape than the average 26 + year old.

It's all good. I was mostly curious. Now I know.

Off of the age "thing", it's also kinda cool so many good "all-age corps" are in striking distance of each other. Or is striking the wrong word. :wow:

Right on C.H. Gotcha.

Kamarag, uummm, the average 16 to 25 year old body is in better shape than the average 26 + year old.

It's all good. I was mostly curious. Now I know.

Off of the age "thing", it's also kinda cool so many good "all-age corps" are in striking distance of each other. Or is striking the wrong word. :wow:

I don't mean to open a can of worms but I think that's actually a detriment. Bush, C2, Bux, Cabs, Hurcs, Fusion, Sun... I think they're all trying to grab new members from the same pools. Throw in C1, Surf, and Raiders, and while it looks like the area is awesome with so many choices I think it hurts recruiting numbers and dilutes the pool.

• Like 1

I joined Les Dips at 17 in 1964. Played FH and was the youngest in the corps. I don't think that anybody knew my age, since I had already started college.

Salut, Bob P.

I was 18 when I joined the Long Island Sunrisers for the 1977 season.

We had a bunch of people around my age in the corps... several had been with Sun for a few years, basically from 1974 on, so they were "senior corps veterans" even though they were teenagers or early 20-somethings. LOL.

Some of our competitors referred to us as "kids and girls."

For a bunch of kids and girls, I think we did OK on the competition field. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

I guess I entered the word "cool" out of Jealousy. I live in Chicago. In Illinois there are 2 DCI corps and then..enter tumbleweed.. No "all age" and a couple of Alumni corps. So I did say cool, not good for all the recruiting.