No Live Coverage of DCA this year

Try using PACER to see if there is anything to be found.

There are thousands of Entries for Sony in the PACER data base. Gonna need a district to narrow the search.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I for one bought into it the first year ,wasn't to happy with what I got .So my answer was not to buy into it the second year.Plus it cost more the 2nd year and offered less.Living in Florida I'm not about to jump on a plane ,pay for a hotel ,plus rent a car and DCA tickets .it isn't happening So i'll do what I did last year follow the live feed here on the planet with a picture or two of each corps and call it a day.

i'll go to cookouts and blow out my phone updatings for scores

Total blackout like the days I didn't march or follow. Monday log on and find the scores and who was here (including Mini and Alumni(?)).

If ticket sales are dwindling, there's no reason to put up a live feed. That just discourages people from actually attending. I can understand blacking out the broadcast for the first 150 miles, but that's a cost I'm certain DCA can't afford. Heck they could barely afford an OK feed last year.

Brilliant plan! People are losing interest in a thing, so let's make sure we stop exposing people to this thing because that will REALLY help generate more interest.

Sports may blackout locally, but there are billions investing in owning their own networks because they understand the concept that the more people that have access to watch your product, the more you will grow your fan base. It ain't rocket science. If the can't afford a TV crew, then put 10 people around the venue with iPads and stream it on FB Live or Periscope for free. The idea is to get MORE people to watch, however you can.

If the can't afford a TV crew, then put 10 people around the venue with iPads and stream it on FB Live or Periscope for free. The idea is to get MORE people to watch, however you can.

Oh, yea, let's do that. However you can = screw copyright law.

Brilliant plan.

• Like 1

Oh, yea, let's do that. However you can = screw copyright law.

Brilliant plan.

forget it, he's rolling ($1 to Boon)

• Like 2

Brilliant plan! People are losing interest in a thing, so let's make sure we stop exposing people to this thing because that will REALLY help generate more interest.

Sports may blackout locally, but there are billions investing in owning their own networks because they understand the concept that the more people that have access to watch your product, the more you will grow your fan base. It ain't rocket science. If the can't afford a TV crew, then put 10 people around the venue with iPads and stream it on FB Live or Periscope for free. The idea is to get MORE people to watch, however you can.

So you're saying to throw money that they don't have, to provide something they can't afford, for a return that won't cover its own costs?

Hell, they don't even know their own marketing strategy right now. Attendance goes down each year at their flagship event, and you want them to either go into the red, or take on the inevitable lawsuit that will put them six feet under?

Shaking my head over the sports may blackout locally but have their own networks to make $$$.....

That's why you can't see locally anymore.....

On topic: wish I knew what DCA would have to charge to break even but "no need to know"

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So you're saying to throw money that they don't have, to provide something they can't afford, for a return that won't cover its own costs?

Hell, they don't even know their own marketing strategy right now. Attendance goes down each year at their flagship event, and you want them to either go into the red, or take on the inevitable lawsuit that will put them six feet under?

I don't recall how much the live stream pulled in its first year . The dollar amount or the number of users was announced in here but it was no small number . One would really have to sit down knowing all the facts in terms of cost of production vs paid feeds vs paid attendance to see where they are at financially . How devistating is the loss of paid internet feeds going to be ??? is DCA expecting to make up the loss income from paid internet fees in paid attendance ?? Do they feel that is a realistic goal . ??