The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

• 3 weeks later...

Sneak preview of The Academy's uniform color scheme this year: https://instagram.com/p/BF-cf-PjvxG/

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

A sneak preview at The Academy's uniform color scheme this year: https://instagram.com/p/BF-cf-PjvxG/

I absolutely adore their uniforms, easily one of my favorites. Such a little change every year, but makes a great adjustment for each show. I hope they keep theses for awhile, love them. Like what they added to the shakes either last year or 2014.

• Like 2

One thing we can set our alarm clocks by.... every season at least 6 Corps will have themes where somebody dies in the performance. Or the latest twist.. they were dead from the getgo, but something or someone gives them a pulse.

Edited by BRASSO

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the send off show and spent some time at a rehearsal. There is no reason at all why 12 isn't a reasonable goal. By far their best show to date and every section across the board is vastly improved.

Saw the send off show and spent some time at a rehearsal. There is no reason at all why 12 isn't a reasonable goal. By far their best show to date and every section across the board is vastly improved.

Agree. I saw the show as well and thought it to be a BIG step up from last year in both concept and performance.

How long has it been since a corps broke into the Top 12 for the first time? 15-20 years?

Agree. I saw the show as well and thought it to be a BIG step up from last year in both concept and performance.

How long has it been since a corps broke into the Top 12 for the first time? 15-20 years?

Cascades 02 I believe.

Can't wait to see this show! If it's better than last year that'd be awesome considering how well recieved it was. I have been a huge fan of them EVERY year since 2009 to some extent. They are the feel good fun corps and do it so well.

:)

Edited by DrumManTx