Impulse Returns To National Tour

To clarify: Impulse is going on a FULL Tour this year, as opposed to the avg West Coast div2 corps season that ends . . . about now. Traditionally, this is when corps that ARE "going all the way" make a big go at members of smaller corps who will essentially be "done" in a few days.

Well, to be fair, Impulse is just one of six Open Class corps from the West Coast who haven't even had their first competition yet (much less are then wrapping up "about now"), and while only two of those groups--Gold and Impulse--are going to nationally tour, none of the other four will be done "in a few days". Thunder's last performance is July 9 in Sacramento, Columbians' last show is the same day in Denver, and the final competition for Incognito and Watchmen is July 17 in Bellflower.

To be sure, Impulse might indeed benefit from picking up some members from those groups before heading east.

• 1 month later...

GO !

It was worth the wait to see you on tour! Thanks for coming to the Milwaukee area and good luck in MI City and the rest of your tour! A shout out to the Zylinger boys: great bari solo and great job hauling that massive contrabass tuba around Dean! I am so proud of you both, and indeed the whole corps!

Thanks everybody for the well wishes. Tonight, all the judges said it was a better show than last time they saw us, but our score didnt go up much. But it was a good run and the kids had fun. Consolation performance at World Prelims Thursday morning at 9:51. Hey, they get to perform in the big stadium. Once more for this great show.

Edited by MiniSopGuy
  • Like 1

Thanks everybody for the well wishes. Tonight, all the judges said it was a better show than last time they saw us, but our score didnt go up much. But it was a good run and the kids had fun. Consolation performance at World Prelims Thursday morning at 9:51. Hey, they get to perform in the big stadium. Once more for this great show.

• Like 1

Congratulations! I'm glad I had a chance to see Impulse live in Avon Lake, and I look forward to seeing you back at championships again in the future.