Oddest/Weirdest Uniforms

Over the decades we have seen some strange uni's so put on your memory caps and think back............(harp music)

Off the top of my head....

Tri-Town Cadet from NY.......Bib overalls, checkered shirts and straw hats.

Frontiersmen from NY........Brown pants, Orange tops and these odd leather type hats. Canadians called them the A&W Cadets.

Dutchboy Cadets from K/W Ontario.....Lederhosen shorts

84th Bucktail Regiment.....Fur hats

You probably meant to post this one in the junior historical forum, Keith, but I'll post one that I posted back in 2010.....

Odyssey Drum & Bugle Corps from Middlesex County, MA.

They wore what appeared to be aluminum foil-like coats that apparently acted like real aluminum foil and heated up to an unbearable temperature. (Kind of like foil-wrapped baked potatoes.)

Odyssey was only on the field in 1978, probably because all the members baked to death.

Edited by Northern Thunder
  • Like 1

There were some creative ones back in the 1930's/1940's from some of the American Legion senior corps. One corps from Minnesota wore skeleton costumes, complete with masks. When they came marching down the street it was pretty spooky! A senior corps from Stillwater, MN (home of the Stillwater Prison) wore striped prisoners' uniforms, and their drum major carried a sledge hammer.

THE THING ... 1973

:-)

"Weirdest Uniforms":

Fresno Ferns.

Need I say more.

Elphaba

Unfortunately, some of the unusual senior corps uniforms from way back were pretty racist against more than one group of people.

I won't even bother describing them here, but you can pretty much imagine what they would have been.

:ninja:

Mr. T:

Could you imagine if the old Hilex corps from St. Paul had EVERYBODY in the "Drip" costumes?

Just about everybody remembers THE corps from St. Paul with the "exotic" uniforms..

Did Great Northern wear bibs with Engineer Caps? LOL

Pat

• Like 1