Are there ANY (legal) online alternatives to buying DVDs?

Are there any options at all for watching DCA online?

It kills me that the FN was killed across DCI/WGI/DCA. At least WGI has implemented WGIZone on youtube. Has DCA done anything to allow people to legally watch online?

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte

Has DCA done anything to allow people to legally watch online?

I'm sure that they would if they could. But unless DCA comes across a large surplus of money (unlikely), the music publishers lighten up on their recent copyright crusade (unlikely), or all the corps limit themselves to public domain and/or original music (unlikely), I don't foresee it happening any time soon.

I'll be happy if we can even just buy a dvd at the end of the year.

• Like 2

If they could find a way to pass ALL the costs associated onto the consumer, that would likely be their best bet. But with DCA being all volunteer staff, they have other things to worry about this close to the season.

However if they could get that accomplished, there's no telling what each download would cost.

• Like 1

Can you imagine the outrage, griping, and complaining that would ensue? Oh man...

Bwahahahahahahhahahahahah...

that's what happens when you download on iTunes, amazon, or any other media service. (not the complaining, the consumer paying the costs)

So really, they'd need to front the money to set up the proper infrastructure, and hire someone full time to manage it. Which i'm going to guess, is the hang up. That's a big cost. But could be a big reward. Or a total flop crippling the organization and allowing the southern corps to create a new organization that becomes the go to All Age Circuit. I'd be ok with labor day weekend on the florida beaches.

Edited by C.Holland

WGI no longer has the youtube WGI zone.....it was taken down due to copyright issues.....

After rereading all of this, the idea of Legal Without Purchase...

I'm not sure that works. Unless you find someone to lend you their old media. IF they do, please don't post it online.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I hate to bump this after a month away, but it looks like the general atmosphere is that they basically have no way to distribute the performances legally?

That's a #### shame. There have been some legendary DCA performances over the past decade+, and I would love to be able to watch them again.

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte

Donate the thousands DCA needs to make it happen

• Like 1

I hate to bump this after a month away, but it looks like the general atmosphere is that they basically have no way to distribute the performances legally?

That's a #### shame. There have been some legendary DCA performances over the past decade+, and I would love to be able to watch them again.

A shame? Seriously? What the heck do you want? You want it for free and you don't want anyone to go out of business while getting it? Correct? How the heck does that even make sense? Music is a business. Just because you can't hold it in your hand doesn't make it a tangible item. Dig through youtube, there's still stuff out there, just don't repost it anywhere. And don't call attention to it. If you do, DCA, the corps that performed it, and the person who recorded and posted it could all suffer some pretty large consequences.

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 2