2017 "Cab's At The Beach" - "An Evaluation EXHIBITION

I was waiting for this years show to be over. It is an IDEA i was thinking about ever since the Wildwood post was put up.

First off you will note the Name enhancement. Just added something, so the Public wood be aware of what was to be :

It would be a show that was NOT part of the Official DCA Season. A Pre-Season INVITATIONAL. Each invited Corps would get 20 Minutes "On the Field".

They could do as much of their New Season as possible. (A full show or less with some stand and play part)

Judged with full staff. BUT Unannounced to public.

So say the Cabs could Invite 9 Corps (maybe have White Sabors .and C. Gold to fill spots as fill ins, for those listed that say no)

Buccaneers

Bushwackers

Caballeros

C2

Excelsir

Fusion Core

Hurricanes

Skyliners

Sunrisers

Then have The Cabs Alumni. For a 10 Corps show. (and a good one for all to Enjoy)

(Now I know ALL will not Come. But, Other wise making it about 4 hours long. Starting at 6 pm. It should be over before 11pm or starting at 1pm ending at about 6pm)

Since it is a " Pre Season " it would Not have to wait for Corps REGULAR Season Schedual. Have a cut off date of late April or early May to accept or not the Invite,

Then the Cab's could Advertise who was coming. What kind of show it is. The fill the stands with people. Making No Need to change the REGULAR season. AND having a GOOD show and a Day at ,FANTASTIC day at the Beach, Boardwalk, Kelly's, ETC.

Just an Idea to work around !!!

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

I just remember back when I marched that there was a show in Danville either the last weekend of May/first weekend of June that was always an exhibition...just sort of got everyone's first show jitters out of the way, and let you perform in front of a crowd. IIRC, most of the judges were usually there just giving us the once over, and it was just a great night to start the season.

• Like 2

Edit. Wrong thread. Sorry.

Edited by N.E. Brigand