2016 Attendance Thread

This thread is intended for observations of crowd size and demographics throughout the 2016 season. How well attended are the shows you attend? Who is going, and which corps are they pimping? Which corps are getting the crowd response, and whose souvie booths are ringing up the sales? This could also be a good thread to keep track of interesting, heartwarming, or amusing anecdotes from the stands that otherwise get lost in the individual show threads.

I'll start by pointing out that from shots of the crowd at the season kickoff, there appeared to be a few thousand fans in Indy. Sections were not jam packed, but many were relatively full. I'd estimate the crowd at maybe 4000? Any attendance totals or observations from those who were there?

If you can hep fill in the blanks, please add a reply or PM me.

Indy Season Kickoff: ~4000(?)

Fresno: ??? (Substantial applause from periscope....I'm guessing at least 2000?)

Massillon Innovatons in Brass: "Crowd turnout was amazing for the 2nd show of the season!" - Das Tuba; "Probably about half what we normally get at this show in August when it's part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame festivities." - jiwllis35 (Good sized crowd, several thousand, judging from periscope)

Whitewater: Estimated at ~3000 by periscoper Jeff Spanos

Sacramento: "pretty full" - CrownBariDad; "huge crowd" - GetOFFMyDot; see photo in this thread

Michigan City:

Stanford:

Edited by smj02

I was in Lucas oil last night. For most of the show I was the only one in my row. On the 50 in row 9. A lot of empty seats but I feel there was a pretty good turn out for the first show of the season and only having 6 corps there. (Not including troopers).

I mostly saw people wearing crown and bluecoats apparel, I myself bought a relentless shirt from crown.

I saw a good mix of people of all ages there, there were quite a few high school kids though as expected.

The biggest crowd responses from where I was sitting was by far for bluecoats and crown, also as expected as they tend to be fan favorites these last few years.

Edited by DasTuba

I was in Lucas oil last night. For most of the show I was the only one in my row. On the 50 in row 9. A lot of empty seats but I feel there was a pretty good turn out for the first show of the season and only having 6 corps there. (Not including troopers).

I mostly saw people wearing crown and bluecoats apparel, I myself bought a relentless shirt from crown.

I saw a good mix of people of all ages there, there were quite a few high school kids though as expected.

The biggest crowd responses from where I was sitting was by far for bluecoats and crown, also as expected as they tend to be fan favorites these last few years.

That sounds about right.

Thanks for sharing your observations! You were three rows away from my seat for Finals Week!

The location isn't particularly close to the competing corps. It's a big venue. It was available at the theater.

It's hard to fill a stadium that size that's not a Regional competition.

I forgot to mention in the initial post that in the preseason DCI Live broadcast, it was mentioned that ticket sales across the board were up 17% over last year's pace.

How much was the Relentless shirt?

$20.00

Very affordable. I remember in 2007 I spent $35 for a Cadets shirt, which is a little absurd...

Very affordable. I remember in 2007 I spent $35 for a Cadets shirt, which is a little absurd...

Well, YEA! is also are the one charging $75 and $115 for the two best seating sections for their TOC show. Thats just a little ridiculous to see just 8 corps the day before a regional. You can see all the world class corps in great seats for just $80 over the course of the two nights at Allentown! I know where my money is going any day...