O.C. Standings 2016

I'm really excited to see how some of these new OC corps. There seems to be an explosion in the quality top to bottom.

Music City, per a video, was incredibly entertaining and sounded relatively very strong. Love Legends, can't wait to see their show. Same for Genesis.

Ranked by latest score, with no weighting. Keep in mind all the usual caveats about the dangers of comparing scores from different shows.

This initial post will be updated fairly regularly. Replies will indicate earlier standings.

As of July 1:

1. 58.30 Genesis (7/1 Muncie, IN) [+3.10 6/29]

2. 55.30 Legends (7/1 Muncie, IN) [+1.70 6/29]

3. 53.00 Spartans (7/1 Clifton, NJ) [first show]

4. 51.80 Blue Devils B (6/26 Stanford, CA) [+1.50 6/25]

5. 51.15 Vanguard Cadets (6/26 Stanford, CA) [+0.80 6/25]

6. 50.40 Gold (7/1 Oceanside, CA) [first show]

7. 49.60 Columbians (7/1 Auburn, WA) [first show]

7. 49.60 Golden Empire (7/1 Oceanside, CA) [+3.45 6/26]

9. 49.20 Music City (6/29 Evansville, IN) [first show]

10. 46.45 Raiders (7/1 Clifton, NJ) [first show]

11. 45.20 Impulse (7/1 Oceanside, CA) [first show]

12. 44.00 Watchmen (7/1 Oceanside, CA) [first show]

13. 40.15 Thunder (7/1 Auburn, WA) [first show]

14. 38.90 Blue Devils C (6/26 Stanford, CA) [+0.95 6/25]

15. 38.70 Colt Cadets (6/26 Michigan City, IN) [+1.80 6/25]

16. 37.00 Incognito (7/1 Oceanside, CA) [first show]

Next shows: Chestnut Hill, Lisle, Pasadena, and Tigard on July 2.

Well, now! We've reached that part of the schedule where BDB and SCVC are off for a couple weeks, and all the other Open Class corps risk deluding themselves if they pay any attention to lists like this one. Still, lots to speculate about with all of today's additions. Are Midwest scores too high and West Coast scores too low? The evidence from World Class suggests so.

Battalion was announced as performing in exhibition at Auburn tonight, but DCI's score page (at least temporarily) shows them earning a 45.00. I have not shown that above, on the assumption that it appears in error (it was not originally there). I know that there's usually an Oregon show that is not judged; if that is Saturday in Tigard, then Battalion won't get a score until Tuesday in Tri Cities (at a show for which it is apparently impossible to buy tickets online).

Well, now! We've reached that part of the schedule where BDB and SCVC are off for a couple weeks, and all the other Open Class corps risk deluding themselves if they pay any attention to lists like this one. Still, lots to speculate about with all of today's additions. Are Midwest scores too high and West Coast scores too low? The evidence from World Class suggests so.

Battalion was announced as performing in exhibition at Auburn tonight, but DCI's score page (at least temporarily) shows them earning a 45.00. I have not shown that above, on the assumption that it appears in error (it was not originally there). I know that there's usually an Oregon show that is not judged; if that is Saturday in Tigard, then Battalion won't get a score until Tuesday in Tri Cities (at a show for which it is apparently impossible to buy tickets online).

I believe the Oregon show that is not scored was in Medford. The corps who performed at the McMinneville show last year (Tigard this year) all received scores.

Regarding the online ticket sales for the Tri-Cities show, I did a little searching & it appears if you go to their website, you can purchase them online. Not sure why DCI does not have that information linked on their show schedule.

http://drumsalongthecolumbia.org/shop/

• Like 1

Ranked by latest score, with no weighting. Keep in mind all the usual caveats about the dangers of comparing scores from different shows.

This initial post will be updated fairly regularly. Replies will indicate earlier standings.

As of July 2:

1. 54.65 Spartans (7/2 Chestnut Hill, MA) [+1.65 7/1]

2. 53.35 7th Regiment (7/2 Chestnut Hill, MA) [first show]

3. 53.00 Gold (7/2 Pasadena, CA) [+2.60 7/1]

4. 51.80 Blue Devils B (6/26 Stanford, CA) [+1.50 6/25]

5. 51.15 Vanguard Cadets (6/26 Stanford, CA) [+0.80 6/25]

6. 51.05 Columbians (7/2 Tigard, OR) [+1.45 7/2]

7. 50.60 Golden Empire (7/2 Pasadena, CA) [+1.00 7/1]

8. 49.80 Legends (7/2 Lisle, IL) [-5.50 7/1]

9. 49.60 Genesis (7/2 Lisle, IL) [-8.70 7/1]

10. 49.20 Music City (6/29 Evansville, IN) [first show]

11. 47.55 Impulse (7/2 Pasadena, CA) [+2.35 7/1]

12. 46.45 Raiders (7/1 Clifton, NJ) [first show]

13. 46.05 Battalion (7/2 Tigard, OR) [first show (unofficial 45.00 on 7/1)]

14. 45.20 Watchmen (7/2 Pasadena, CA) [+1.20 7/1]

15. 41.20 Thunder (7/2 Tigard, OR) [+1.05 7/1]

16. 40.70 Colt Cadets (7/2 Lisle, IL) [+2.00 6/26]
17. 38.90 Blue Devils C (6/26 Stanford, CA) [+0.95 6/25]

17. 38.90 Incognito (7/2 Pasadena, CA) [+1.90 7/1]

Next shows: Lynn, Cedarburg, and Riverside on July 3.

Oh, my! (Where's George Takei when you need him?) Something crazy happened at Lisle tonight, or something crazy happened over several days at the previous Midwest shows, because Genesis and Legends both plummeted. Since when does a corps drop almost nine points in just one day? They're both off tomorrow, which means Music City and Impulse might overtake them in the standings after the Cedarburg and Riverside shows. Or who knows? Maybe Spartans and 7th Regiment will take similar hits tomorrow in Lynn.

My own sense is that by championships, if Genesis isn't leading BDB and SCVC, they will be only a point or so back of them, unlike last year when they were six off the lead.

• Like 1

We were in Lisle tonight, and I'm assuming some alien life force sucked the soul out of the judging panel. Seemed like a very anti-open class panel just took the life out of both Legends and Genesis, both of whom appeared to have pretty clean runs as near as I could tell. Hard to believe that a full panel the night before could have been off by 9 points.

You guys are shocked by Lisle look at Pasadena...Gold above BDB and SCVC and Golden Empire in striking distance....What happened last night?

You guys are shocked by Lisle look at Pasadena...Gold above BDB and SCVC and Golden Empire in striking distance....What happened last night?

Well, BDB and SCVC haven't competed for a week, and Golden Empire was only five points behind them when they were head to head, so that's not such a surprise.

I'm more surprised by Gold...and BDB, SCVC both performed at Oceanside and where 5 points ahead of Golden Empire, Gold leap frogged both corps over-night. I'm wondering what happened in the captions. Was anyone there last night?