Send in the Clowns

This makes me happy. Thanks for sharing!

Saw this video of the combined hornlines of SCV, SCVC, and Madison playing "Send in the Clowns" together at SCV family day Monday. Certainly not the BEST version ever...but absolutely a cool moment for those members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvn4R11iKOg&sns=fb

Thanks for sharing this. Just an FYI, I believe that this is the Gail Royer arrangement of SITC, and therefore, much revered by SCV fans and alumni. You may want to don your flame-retardant suit. (Be gentle, folks, she meant well.)

Thanks for sharing this. Just an FYI, I believe that this is the Gail Royer arrangement of SITC, and therefore, much revered by SCV fans and alumni. You may want to don your flame-retardant suit. (Be gentle, folks, she meant well.)

I meant best intonation due to three hornlines not used to playing together, not the arrangement. Personally it's my favorite arrangement of the piece. (It's the Gail Royer version revised for modern instrumentation in 2012)

The intonation thing is totally to be expected, SCVC rarely plays the piece and Madison never does!

Trust me - HUGE SCV fangirl here...I know Clowns...I just didn't phrase that very well.

Edited by dcifangirl
  • Like 1