Oxnard Onslaught (June 29, 2016)

DCI on the SoCal Coast

Oxnard, CA | Wednesday, June 29, 2016

VENUE

Oxnard H.S. Stadium
3400 W Gonzales Rd
Oxnard, CA 93036

LINEUP & TIMES

All times pacific and subject to change.

6:00 p.m. Box Office Open

8:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem

8:15 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

8:45 p.m. Blue Knights - Denver, CO

9:15 p.m. Blue Devils - Concord, CA

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

DCI on the SoCal Coast

Oxnard, CA | Wednesday, June 29, 2016

VENUE

Oxnard H.S. Stadium

3400 W Gonzales Rd

Oxnard, CA 93036

LINEUP & TIMES

All times pacific and subject to change.

6:00 p.m. Box Office Open

8:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem

8:15 p.m. Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

8:45 p.m. Blue Knights - Denver, CO

9:15 p.m. Blue Devils - Concord, CA

I heard this show is exhibition. Is that true?

I heard this show is exhibition. Is that true?

Event Information says "Special educational events for students presented by System Blue (drums and color guard)" so maybe?

• Like 1

Event Information says "Special educational events for students presented by System Blue (drums and color guard)" so maybe?

Understood. Thank you.

I noticed a lot of shows on the DCI schedule this year with only 3 corps. Why would the great leaders of our activity schedule so many 3 corps shows? Not good.

I noticed a lot of shows on the DCI schedule this year with only 3 corps. Why would the great leaders of our activity schedule so many 3 corps shows? Not good.

So 2 shows with only 3 corps constitutes a lot of shows? We get it...you despise the way that DCI is being run, but please...don't blow this way out of proportion. The Chickasha, OK show (the other 3 corps show) is new to the schedule. Chickasha has been wanting to host a show for years and it has finally been able to get one going. It just happens to be at a time in the calendar when corps are on the coasts. It is a good opportunity for those 3 corps to travel from the west coast to get to the midwest quickly and still have a show rather than spending a week and a half going up to Washington, through Idaho and Utah, to Denver, and miss out on the Scouts home show. Sounds like a great idea to me having this show on the schedule where it is! Rather than spending a whole week driving across country with no shows.

• Like 1

So 2 shows with only 3 corps constitutes a lot of shows? We get it...you despise the way that DCI is being run, but please...don't blow this way out of proportion. The Chickasha, OK show (the other 3 corps show) is new to the schedule. Chickasha has been wanting to host a show for years and it has finally been able to get one going. It just happens to be at a time in the calendar when corps are on the coasts. It is a good opportunity for those 3 corps to travel from the west coast to get to the midwest quickly and still have a show rather than spending a week and a half going up to Washington, through Idaho and Utah, to Denver, and miss out on the Scouts home show. Sounds like a great idea to me having this show on the schedule where it is! Rather than spending a whole week driving across country with no shows.

Next Tuesday I'm very excited to go see a lineup of Pacific Crest, Madison Scouts, and Academy. I'm sure there are plenty of these shows.

• Like 1

So exciting to have Drum Corps in Ventura County!!!

• Like 1