Multifarious Muncie -- Muncie IN 01 July 2016

DCI Central Indiana

Muncie, IN | Friday, July 1, 2016

Schedule

All times eastern and subject to change.

3:00 p.m. Box Office Open

5:30 p.m. Gates Open

7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem

7:10 p.m. Genesis - Austin, TX

7:28 p.m. Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

7:46 p.m. Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI

8:04 p.m. Colts - Dubuque, IA

8:22 p.m. Intermission

8:40 p.m. Troopers - Casper, WY

8:58 p.m. Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

9:16 p.m. The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

9:34 p.m. Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

9:59 p.m. Awards

Venue

3300 N Tillotson Ave

Muncie, IN 47304

Judges

GE1 - Lee Carlson

GE2 - Garland Markham

VP - John Howell

VA - Michael Gray

CG - Marci Carlberg

BRS - David Aydelott

MA - Joel Denton

Perc - Jay Webb

Forecast

MCi6fNB.png

Edited by corpsband

Full panel!!!

and a number of fresh faces on the panel.

Garland Markham, Supervisor of Instrumental Music, Cobb County Schools
didnt find a bio
Marci Carlberg
My name is Marci Carlberg and I have been involved in the marching arts since
1976. I started by marching in the color guard with a small drum corps in
MI. Then in 1980 I began teaching marching band color guards and continue to
this day. In 1988 I was one of a small group of people who started Forte winter
guard. During that teams existence I taught, wrote, cleaned choreography and
was the director. They were a WGI IA class finalist from 1990-1992, IO class
silver medalist in 1993, and IW Class finalist in 1994 and 95.
Forte folded in 1996 and that's when I began to judge more consistently. I
started judging marching band and winter guard for Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and
Midwest. My captions are visual field and ensemble for marching band and
equipment for winter guard. I started DCI trials this last summer for color guard
and general effect.
In 2003 I was asked to join the staff for Interplay winter guard. Interplay has
competed in all three independent class in WGI. They won the IO gold medal in
2005 and the IA silver medal in 2008. I am currently on staff with Interplay.
In my other life I am a retired elementary teacher. I taught for 26 years. I have
been married for 27 years and have 3 childern. I reside in Gand Rapids,
Michigan
David Aydelott is the Director of Bands at Franklin High School in the Williamson County Tennessee School District. During his tenure at those schools, students distinguished themselves on the marching field, the concert stage, and in individual and chamber settings. A recipient of the National Band Association’s Certificate of Merit and the Citation of Excellence, Aydelott is President of the Middle Tennessee School Band and Orchestra Association, past Band Chair for the Tennessee Music Education Association and has served two terms on the Executive Board of the MTSBOA. Mr. Aydelott is an elected member of Phi Beta Mu International School Bandmaster Fraternity and holds membership in MTSBOA, Tennessee Music Educators Association, National Association for Music Education, Tennessee Bandmasters Association, and Professional Educators of Tennessee. In December of 2014, Aydelott was presented as a John Philip Sousa Foundation Laureate of the Bandworld “Legion of Honor.”
Joel L. Denton, Chattanooga, TN
Mr. Joel L. Denton currently serves as Director of Bands at Ooltewah High School, a position he has held for the past
thirty-three years. Under his direction, the Ooltewah Band has achieved a national reputation for musical excellence.
He is a native of Chattanooga, TN and has received degrees from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville and the
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He presently serves as Chairman of the Fine Arts Department at Ooltewah
since 1982 and served as the Choral Director from 1993-1997. He was selected as the Ooltewah Teacher of the Year
in in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009 and 2011 and the Beta Club Teacher of the Year in 1995. The Tennessee Governor’s
School of the Arts has twice honored him for outstanding teaching and mentoring. Mr. Denton’s professional
affiliations include membership in the National Association for Music Educators, Tennessee Music Education
Association, East Tennessee School Band and Orchestra Association, Phi Beta Mu, the National Band Association,
the American School Band Directors Association and the Tennessee Bandmasters Association. Mr. Denton is
currently serving as President of the Tennessee Bandmasters Association and is the Past-President of the East
Tennessee Band and Orchestra Association. Mr. Denton also serves as the State Legislative Delegate and Advocacy
Chair for the Tennessee Music Education Association, in addition to serving on the Tennessee State Department of
Education’s Fine Arts Student Growth Committee. Mr. Denton is very active as an adjudicator, clinician, and
consultant for bands throughout the nation including Music for All, Drum Corps International, and several
universities. Mr. Denton is the founder of a consulting group that works with band programs, as well as, schools and
professional organizations on developing leadership and teambuilding skills. Mr. Denton and his wife Kerry have two
children, Alex and Caroline
Edited by corpsband

Good luck to every one at the show. And hope to see the Troopers, Blue Stars, and Cavaliers keep the momentum going. Hopefully they can get a real score because evidently the previous 2 contests didn't count.

• Like 5

Full panel!!!

I'm definitely interested in the Colts through the Cavaliers scores today! Between a full panel and the judges that are on that panel there could be a small shake up in the regular scores.

• Like 2

Great experience. Watch Mr. Harloff and the kids. If I were kid in HS I'd definitely find a way to attend the Summer Symposium.

(sorry for FB -- MFA did not post this to youtube)

https://www.facebook.com/musicforallnetwork/videos/10154427158923900/

I am one of the kids. I've had an absolutely great time this past week and I feel like a better musician, leader, and person than I did a week ago.
  • Like 2