2016 DCA - Latest Scores

And C2's placement doesn't matter one bit. Because you just can't - can't - place MBI accurately in that group.

The neighborhood is likely correct. The panel MBI saw has seen everyone else recently. And that's really all that matters going into prelims.

• Like 1

The late season shows outside of the NE saw people judging who saw the NE. It's still a crap shoot as MBI's number is a week old, but blind reads at prelims are happening rarely

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the importance of "top 5" is. Right now, fourth through sixth are separated by three-tenths.

While C2 is ahead of that group by more than two points.

Top 5 is all about scheduling for next season. Except for when hosting a show, 6-10 will always be on before 1-5. Same for non-finalists, they're always on before the finalists.

• Like 3

Top 5 is all about scheduling for next season. Except for when hosting a show, 6-10 will always be on before 1-5.

Ah, thanks for that helpful bit of information.

So I'm hoping for a tie for fifth, then.

Same for non-finalists; they're always on before the finalists.

What happens when a corps moves to a different class? If Corps X is a finalist in Class A this year, but with a score of 70, but next year they announce as Open Class, do they get to go on next year ahead of Corps Y, who was not a finalist but scored 80?

What happens when a corps moves to a different class? If Corps X is a finalist in Class A this year, but with a score of 70, but next year they announce as Open Class, do they get to go on next year ahead of Corps Y, who was not a finalist but scored 80?

Interesting theoretical question. My guess is that because they weren't Open Class that they go on early and would draw for appearance against the other non-finalists.

I also would be very surprised if any of the current A members would make a decision to move to Open next season unless they have a very strong and spectacular recruiting drive this fall. Possible, yes!

If I recall, the drawing for shows themselves are determined by score at the championships and what 5 corps block a corps' score falls into--no matter what class; thus it is possible to have a blend of Open and Class A---rather than divided by classes at the season shows.